[GS] Guide to fast Science Victory - Religious Russians

My best yet T100 science, the main novel improvement being the use of the liberalism card.
It is so different playing Kupe as there is not such a reliance on chopping and builders, it allows freer swapping and use of cards.
Spoiler :

upload_2021-6-18_14-24-14.png

Last edited:
My best yet T100 science, the main novel improvement being the use of the liberalism card.
It is so different playing Kupe as there is not such a reliance on chopping and builders, it allows freer swapping and use of cards.

That is a very strong science yield at turn 100. Im a bit surprised that Kupe can do that. How many cities are we talking here? Aiming at a end time in the 130s I guess if you have things prepped?

I have 5 +4 science cities settled and 2 chop cities preparing.
The rest are captured, about an additional 12 and 2 razed.
I started attacking about T55 with 4 Toa and 3 archer with a GG coming online soon after. The Toas need no maintenance which really helps until they can pillage.
Personally I suspect you underestimate the Maori’s approach. Settling about 3-5 high adjacency science cities quickly getting Campi built and a fast army with a bit of luck does very well because you are not relying on faith and builders but having all CS being science and culture helps a lot also as does Sinbad and Owls.
I have not got a T1 save but have a T2 if you wanted a play with the same deck and a rocking setup, I think I settle on T5 next to Torres.
I am still learning lots of little tricks, like how you manage governors in recently captured cities to get them to full loyalty faster, quite different to the peaceful game. I think in this T100 I have built Hercules too late but I also suspect I can improve on 760 science... just messing around to understand some dynamics like happiness.

Attachments

• KUPE 100 400 BC.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 74
  • KUPE 2 3960 BC.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I quess I have to give Kupe a chance at some point. Although I still dont think he will hit the top top placement of the fastest science leaders. I got to turn 100 with my Ethiopia game, and I think if you are willing to reload a bit to get a good map, Ethiopia should compete with all civs except Babylon and Norway.

The setup for this game was to try to take advantage of Ethiopias ability to get faith from duplicate resources. This has potential with legendary starts that has so many starting resources around your city. The idea was to use a wetlands map, spawn next to marsh, and not have truffles or suger on the map. That way Maui could be used to give the city 12 more rice, as it is the only resource he can spawn. (Fast games lasts for 3 eras, so 3*4) If you already had 5 or so rice from before, that gives you 17*17(289) fpt before modifiers.There are also some other scenarioes where he can only spawn 1 resource, and with Voidsingers and Ethiopias other abilities, a 500 faith city is pretty sweet.

When trying to roll a good map, I got a start with 11 deer on woods, and I figured that this is too good to give up, so I played that map and gave away the original plan. I figured I could use Maui to ensure the right luxuries for the capital, but that backlashed horribly as it turned out that when using Marcus Licinius Crassus to annex tiles, he choses the nearest city, regardless of this will create an enclave tile. Was pretty annoyed when I saw that mistake, as it ruined some amazing turn 100 stats. Still the game has potential to end in the 130s at least. So it will still be fast. It is a HOF-game, so I will probably finish it and post it in the HOF-tread.

Attachments

• Turn 100 Ethiopia.jpg
    Turn 100 Ethiopia.jpg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Capitol yields.png
    Capitol yields.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 108
I have to give Kupe a chance at some point.
No,the faith builders can abuse insanely large amounts of faith as you just proved. What I am trying to do with Kupe is choose a close alternative that is not just spam faith. The bottom line is around the 120-130 mark I think but with such a perfect map it’s pointless beyond the theoretical. Kupes main advantage is being able to abuse the terra map.
The main difference I have been playing with is a high adjacency +war option where you build campi straight away as the issue soon becomes the one tech per turn issue. I still think the faith makers have an edge.
Pillaging only has so much value and what become more apparent the more I play is the speed you can get to the point of 1 tech per turn could make a difference. A lot of the rest is down to pure logistics and planning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom