Guys you hate to find next to you....

I don't like starting besides anybody protective, and Isabella's a bucket of hormones, though I do feel she's as likely to freak out and attack an AI as she she is with me.

I do like that creepy horror movie sensation I get when Buddhism is founded after about 5 turns, and Hinduism follows after about 12, and Judaism aftre about 25... I can see the old civ veteran sitting in the corner holding his knees.... "she's out there... somewhere. maybe this continent, maybe the other but she's there... and she's coming"

Tokugawa- It seems like I'm always next to this guy! He never wants to trade anything and he will always sneak attack at the worst possible moment. His sole redeeming feature is that by about the middle of the game, he's become so pathetically backwards technologically and has pissed-off so much of the world that I can conquer him with ease. I really wish they had added a different Japanese leader.

I don't like starting besides anybody protective, and Isabella's a bucket of hormones, though I do feel she's as likely to freak out and attack an AI as she she is with me.

I do like that creepy horror movie sensation I get when Buddhism is founded after about 5 turns, and Hinduism follows after about 12, and Judaism aftre about 25... I can see the old civ veteran sitting in the corner holding his knees.... "she's out there... somewhere. maybe this continent, maybe the other but she's there... and she's coming"

Funniest, Civ Post, EVER!!!!

Gandhi. If he builds nears me, I'll eventually see his culture eat away at my empire- even if I build lots of culture in the border cities. I don't have that problem with anyone else. Gandhi's just horrible.

I love having Ghani near me, bucause every time I declare war on him he is more than happy to capitulate. I just think of him as my fututre vassal state. Rushing for alphabet is a good move with Ghandi since he is always happy to trade techs.

Tokugawa- It seems like I'm always next to this guy! He never wants to trade anything and he will always sneak attack at the worst possible moment. His sole redeeming feature is that by about the middle of the game, he's become so pathetically backwards technologically and has pissed-off so much of the world that I can conquer him with ease. I really wish they had added a different Japanese leader.

Meiji would be a good choice for an alternate Japanese leader. Having Meiji lead Samurai into battle might not be very historically accurate though...but then neither is having Lincoln with Navy SEALS.

Huyana Capac !!!! He always finds me besides him. Then he gets annoyed or furious....will beg for techs...i wont give him....then he ll start trembling with anger...he really scares me :( peacful that i am.

But if i am warmongering hes third on my list after isabella and alexander.
Somehow in BTS he doesnt seem to be doing well !?

It may be that I have only played against him on noble and prince but I usually have within 8% points of his landmass and population[him being first in one usually and me being second in one]. Since my cities are better placed/optimized and I don't use the espionage slider very often I can usually crank out a tad bit more research. His army always is larger than mine[mine is usually better trained though]. I just make sure to stay freindly with him so he doesn't DoW on me.

Good tips. I have to learn specialization a little more. I play on Noble. However, in most of these games where he has a much larger land mass, I am totally peaceful and don't take land by force. I'm probably going to have to return to a system of early wars to claim more land. Thanx again bro.

Can't stand that madman montezuma, or the zulus or the vikings. Those guys are garanteed to hate you and attack you all the time. I find that I have less of a problem with Napy or Alex. Any protective civ is also a bit of a nuissance if I'm going for an early rush.

People I love are isabella (a free holy city) and Gandhi and Bismark. I find that those guys make very good friends and trading parteners, without being so good that I feel the urge to kill them. There mediocricity makes them more appealing.

If you give me a gun, the first person I'll plug will be Huayna Capac. His high tech rate, relatively fast expansion and insane military tactics make him the most worthy to be taken off the score chart.

ragnar, montezuma, huyana(sp?), and catherine

ragnar: will betray you every time - pleased with you as he's declaring war on you.

monty: will always start an early war with you - especially if you build a few wonders.

huyana: will command the game if not taken out soon.

catherine: never fails, she declares war on me no matter what civ i am.

My experience is exactly the same! It gets rather repetitive! If he traded tech at least a little, he would be a real threat past the Midevil period.

My experience is exactly the same! It gets rather repetitive! If he traded tech at least a little, he would be a real threat past the Midevil period.

Well, theres something to be said for Toku's behavior. In my current game since the patch I buttered him up with a few techs and got open borders. Its just me him and roosevelt on the continent. He DOW's on Roosevelt but my AP cut in and I stopped it. Then a bit later he DOWs on ME! His pathetic attack force (only pathetic because they were outclassed....horse archers, cats and a few samurias) were repelled by knights, trebs, and maces, but he managed to pillage a bit.

In the past I don;t recall Toku having balls like that. I was going to destroy him, but I knew it would hurt my tech lead so I let the AP squash that war too.

Its a toss up now. Other civs are gaining on me in tech. :)

I wonder why Huayna Capac isn't mentioned too much.

It's quite ironic that the strongest personalities in the game belong to the Incans, Malinese, Khmer, and Ethiopians.

I'm not so much concerned about who is nearby at the start, but I get concerned if certain leaders were allowed to grow previously unchecked.

It makes me uneasy to see Darius, Zara Yaqob and Willem in that situation, left to their own devices. Half the time when I discover Shaka later in the game, he has "consolidated" his continent. Ragnar does that as well.

Mehmed. Twice now he has started 1000+ year long wars with me. Once I couldn't gain an advantage on him and had to build the Apostolic Palace just to stop the fighting.

Needless to say we were both hopelessly behind after that.

I wonder why Huayna Capac isn't mentioned too much.

It's quite ironic that the strongest personalities in the game belong to the Incans, Malinese, Khmer, and Ethiopians.

I'm not sure if capac is my current game, I think there may be one more civ on the other continent. I didn't get a chance to explore it because I'm on a sizable landmass that I only just finished covering, The Americans and Toku share it, but roosevelt beat me to the great wall. Barbarians impeded my progress for a long time. They just kept coming. If Capac is there I may be in trouble.

Can't stand that madman montezuma, or the zulus or the vikings. Those guys are garanteed to hate you and attack you all the time...

I happen to have made defensive pacts with all three and in fact, more often than not, I have amazing relations with Shaka. It is very weird, though, I'll admit quickly.

Alexander: I always found this guy to be pretty annoying, then in one game he declared war on me in 2000 B.C, and he sent ONE WARRIOR at me to try and take my copper mine. I have hated him with passion ever since.

Napoleon: This guy always hate me in every game, war or not. And I hate him!

Huayna Capac: This guy is always a powerhouse and often one of your neighbors. He's not always easy to get along with either. He's friendly to me in my current game, but I'm afaid I have to kill him anyway :crazyeye:

Isabella: For obvious reasons

Toguwaka: Everyone hates him, and he loves to attack me from behind when I'm warring with someone else

Probably more ^^

Top Bottom