Hail Jon Shafer

This.

It really is depressing. It really really is depressing.

I'm so close to just leaving this community. I've written a f**k you I'm leaving post in this thread about 3 times now and thought better of it. I want to be around for the modding and the Stories and Tales but jesus, you people are SO horrible to be around infecting everything good or hopeful with bile and frustration.

Man, I hope sincerely you're not anything like this in real life or you must live a pretty depressing lonely existence.

I was in a good mood when I wrote that thread, even managing to find affection and understanding toward those I'd been arguing with before. I was in a good mood as the replies kept coming. Well done. Your goal in life to get everyone as raged as you has succeeded, I'm in a crappy mood. I hope that pleases you. Well I can only take back what I said in the OP about all the hate being born our of love. You just love to hate and love to bring everything down, it's the only explanation for you assault on this thread despite every olive branch I tried to lay out in the post to keep this from happening.

Each time I tell myself I won't rise to it, but each time you guys manage get under my skin with some indignant poisonous comment.

You know you have completely lost your cool, and lost the debate when you have to resort to personal attacks ;)

You like the game? That's great! No one is stopping you, I'm not stopping you. But come share and tell us why!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=382421

Feel free to contribute and reply to every point whenever you like, but remember to keep it a civilized debate, we don't need haters to teach us a lesson on how to use the F word as frequent as possible, something you have been doing as of currently ;)

You know you have completely lost your cool, and lost the debate when you have to resort to personal attacks ;)

You like the game? That's great! No one is stopping you, I'm not stopping you. But come share and tell us why!

Feel free to contribute and reply to every point whenever you like, but remember to keep it a civilized debate, we don't need haters to teach us a lesson on how to use the F word as frequent as possible, something you have been doing as of currently ;)

Each time I tell myself I won't rise to it, but each time you guys manage get under my skin with some indignant poisonous comment.

Yeah I lost my cool. Funny that, isn't it? It's almost as if there is someone extremely infuriating traipsing in, hijacking the thread and trying to spoil any enjoyment we try to get out of this forum. You seem rather smug about the fact you 'got to me'. As I say, you got what you wanted.

And the last thing I want to do is follow links to join in more threads involving yourself, sorry.

Returning to the op original post i have to say that i am too busy playing the game during my free time to argue in the forum. A good sign indeed.
That said CIV V have some flaws (some of those will be fixed with time but i have little faith in AI improvements) but so far i didn't see anything so critical to kill my enjoyment.
Obviously a new iteration of a franchise so popular may cause a lot of anger in the most dedicated fans, but it's only a transitional phase in which it's easy to degenerate in pointless arguments typical of any fandom on which one is right.

Returning to the op original post i have to say that i am too busy playing the game during my free time to argue in the forum. A good sign indeed.
That said CIV V have some flaws (some of those will be fixed with time but i have little faith in AI improvements) but so far i didn't see anything so critical to kill my enjoyment.
Obviously a new iteration of a franchise so popular may cause a lot of anger in the most dedicated fans, but it's only a transitional phase in which it's easy to degenerate in pointless arguments typical of any fandom on which one is right.

I play in a window, for various reasons. Sadly that means that even when playing I can get drawn into this stuff as I'm addicted to refreshing forums. ;D

devilhunterred - lemmy posted his Playthrough thread that had more views than any other here and made it to the front page. If this hasn't been "sharing why" then I don't know what is.

I must say I am really with you lemmy - I am seriously tired of all the poisonous comments. It amazes me how one person (yes, devilhunterred, I am looking at you) is able to totally hijack a conversation. I really cannot understand the drive to spread negativity all over the place. What's in it for you, devilhunterred? Please tell me: what have you gained by derailing this thread? Feel any better? Duh.

Instead of giving lemmy a lesson about how he should keep his cool you could contemplate for a moment about why he did lose it in the first place. I would help you out here but I am afraid it would get me a warning from the mods :p

Yeah I lost my cool. Funny that, isn't it? It's almost as if there is someone extremely infuriating traipsing in, hijacking the thread and trying to spoil any enjoyment we try to get out of this forum. You seem rather smug about the fact you 'got to me'. As I say, you got what you wanted.

And the last thing I want to do is follow links to join in more threads involving yourself, sorry.

To be honest, you wouldn't lose your cool and let other people get to you if you strongly believe in what you think is right.

Just keep this in mind, it will help you a lot in life.

To be honest, you wouldn't lose your cool and let other people get to you if you strongly believe in what you think is right.

Psychobabble.

So if you have a bar you like to go and relax, and every time you go there some guy starts running around and shaking everyone and thrusting their angry views in your face.

So then you stand up, you walk next door and sit in the next room. The guy comes through the door and starts doing it again, moan moan snipe snipe.

You stand up again, you go to the next room. You don't even make it to your seat when another, different guy, comes along and starts doing the same thing. Bile hate hate hate grrrr! I hate this beer this beer is horrible HOW CAN ANYONE LIKE THIS BEER BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

Are you saying that if you got annoyed, then perhaps you DIDN'T want to go and relax in that bar in the first place? You don't even LIKE alcohol, you've been kidding yourself all along and in fact you are wrong about everything you think you know?

Or perhaps you just wanted to find a place to relax and enjoy yourself, but were denied by extremely annoying whinging angry people who insist on thrusting their discontent in your face wherever you go? And making the place a miserable place to be? Until the point where you feel you're being driven out by them?

Psychobabble.

So if you have a bar you like to go and relax, and every time you go there some guy starts running around and shaking everyone and thrusting their angry views in your face.

So then you stand up, you walk next door and sit in the next room. The guy comes through the door and starts doing it again, moan moan snipe snipe.

You stand up again, you go to the next room. You don't even make it to your seat when another, different guy, comes along and starts doing the same thing. Bile hate hate hate grrrr!

Are you saying that if you got annoyed, then perhaps you DIDN'T want to go and relax in that bar in the first place? And in fact you are wrong about everything you think you no?

Or perhaps you just wanted to find a place to relax and enjoy yourself, but were denied by extremely annoying whinging angry people who insist on thrusting their discontent in your face wherever you go?

If I really want to relax and enjoy myself, no one can make me unhappy besides my fiancee on pms :lol:

WHAT does this have to do with me? Am I not allowed the enjoy the game and congratulate the designer FOR DESIGN DECISIONS just because YOU, someone I've never met, and frankly, suspect perhaps with bias that I'd dislike intensely, have problems with the game? Am I plugged into some global conciousness where you having trouble with the game is something I should personally find frustration with while I'm sat there enjoying the hell out of my own game of Civ 5?

:lol:

Funny, that.

Lemmy, just use the ignore function, or whatever it's called... ;)

That's funny. Now you are his life mentor? Lemmy is right - this is psychobubble. Feelings of aggression are a natural and valid reaction to someone encrossing your boundaries and refusing to back off when asked politely - ask any psychologist. Take the hint? I don't think so, unfortunately.

Hey everybody: how about we learn from devilhunterred - he ignores any comments that don't suit him. Let us do the same - ignore the guy altogether. It is ridiculous how he managed to steal all attention from Jon Shafer.

----

So, back to the original thread: something positive about Civ5. I am really happy with how big the maps feel right now. Even on a small map, I have the feeling that I have a lot of room to expand. In Civ4, I was always playing on Huge maps because I felt constrained. I don't know what is the reason exactly: slower expansion, slower building or whatever, but I really feel like I have life space right now. Even with all the City States. Love it! Hail Jon Shafer for that!

So, back to the original thread: something positive about Civ5. I am really happy with how big the maps feel right now. Even on a small map, I have the feeling that I have a lot of room to expand. In Civ4, I was always playing on Huge maps because I felt constrained. I don't know what is the reason exactly: slower expansion, slower building or whatever, but I really feel like I have life space right now. Even with all the City States. Love it! Hail Jon Shafer for that!

Yeah I'm really impressed with the map size. I remember Huge on Civ 4 never really felt huge to me, so the first time I saw the full extent of the Civ 5 huge map it was pretty impressive.

That said I have a history of playing on smaller maps, so it'll be interesting to see if the new hexiness and potential for huge empire sizes will change that.

1) Click name of 'wah its not Civ 4' crybaby
2) Select 'Add crybaby to your ignore list'
3) Look Ma, no morons!

Top Bottom