Hall of Fame is pretty cool.

I seem to have a problem after uploading many of my vanilla and some of my first Rise and Fall games.

My civ6 game has slowed to a crawl, and I'm not sure why. The game itself takes forever to load, along with all my save games. I'm not sure what is wrong. My game of civ6 seems almost completely broken now. :( Some of my games aren't loading at all anymore. I restarted the game and the computer, but I can't figure out why everything has slowed to a crawl. Could it be the Hall of Fame?

Also many of my cultural victory saves won't work, because I think the cultural victory calculations are different now, and when I load them, it puts me over the cultural victory threshold even though I know I was under it when I saved the game.

Check the basics.
(1) Reboot your PC
(2) Steam Library -> Right Click -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files

Edit: For clarity

I tried that, 3 files updated, but still no change. I tried bypassing the launcher trick thinking that was causing it (it caused me some cpu usage issues on my old computer), but the game is still taking forever to load.

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall, that defeats the purpose of loading my save games, and my internet is slow. But I'm not sure what else to do. My game of Civ6 is broken. :cry: I may try deleting the hall of fame file if I can find it. My game is agonizingly slow on a super fast computer, and is using up a lot of power resources on my task manager.

I tried that, 3 files updated, but still no change. I tried bypassing the launcher trick thinking that was causing it (it caused me some cpu usage issues on my old computer), but the game is still taking forever to load.

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall, that defeats the purpose of loading my save games, and my internet is slow. But I'm not sure what else to do. My game of Civ6 is broken. :cry: I may try deleting the hall of fame file if I can find it. My game is agonizingly slow on a super fast computer, and is using up a lot of power resources on my task manager.

HoF file is in:

C:\Users\XYZ\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI

called "HallofFame.sqlite".

But I don't think your cause is that file. Are other software loading normally?

Try deleting your Cache inside that same folder and restart the game.

Nope, I delete (I backed it up first) my hall of fame and game now loads from steam extremely fast like usual (since I got my new computer).

Now I'll put my old file back and see if it gets slow again.

edit: verified, my HallofFame.sqlite is causing the massive slow down in my game. The question is why. Something got corrupted. An entire morning loading save games wasted. Sigh. I didn't load saves games with lots of mods, because I couldn't be bothered to track them down, but I did load some with ynamp mod specifically games played on greatest Earth map. Or maybe it was the number of games in the hall of fame causing issues.

Not absolutely true. With the huge bonuses in Immortal/Deity, the AI at least can be a runaway, especially if they are harder to reach, so even after a successful early phase of defeating your neighbor utterly, building up a 19 city empire, in Deity some AI that did the same at the other side of the world can be running away with a victory (exactly my scenario in my present Deity game, I'm about to lose to a SV from a far away runaway AI, even if my game went very well so far).

Try it. You not only need a different type of victory, but also a different type of challenge, judging by your HoF picture. If you want to, that is.

I think you didn't get my point. I wasn't talking completely about challenge, but that you can't get away with building certain wonders or founding a religion with an unbonused civ. I care more for building good cities, and honestly if the AI wasn't so poor I wouldn't even be playing on Emperor.

I mean, I've already beaten the game on deity level before just to show I can. All you need to do is to give the middle finger to the AI and just pretend diplomacy doesn't exist. Immortal is basically identical to Emperor, and honestly a superfluous difficulty if you ask me. (I won on deity before immortal). I mean the difference between Emperor and Immortal is just the difference between Prince and King.

I mean, unless anyone can show the AI winning at t250 normal or earlier, or they've gotten better, I don't really see how I'd see anything new.

Nope, I delete (I backed it up first) my hall of fame and game now loads from steam extremely fast like usual (since I got my new computer).

Now I'll put my old file back and see if it gets slow again.

edit: verified, my HallofFame.sqlite is causing the massive slow down in my game. The question is why. Something got corrupted. An entire morning loading save games wasted. Sigh. I didn't load saves games with lots of mods, because I couldn't be bothered to track them down, but I did load some with ynamp mod specifically games played on greatest Earth map. Or maybe it was the number of games in the hall of fame causing issues.

Interesting... what is the size of your file?

I think you didn't get my point. I wasn't talking completely about challenge, but that you can't get away with building certain wonders or founding a religion with an unbonused civ. I care more for building good cities, and honestly if the AI wasn't so poor I wouldn't even be playing on Emperor.

I mean, I've already beaten the game on deity level before just to show I can. All you need to do is to give the middle finger to the AI and just pretend diplomacy doesn't exist. Immortal is basically identical to Emperor, and honestly a superfluous difficulty if you ask me. (I won on deity before immortal)

I mean, unless anyone can show the AI winning at t250 normal or earlier, I don't think I'll be bothering.

Same, I think you did not get my point either. If you try to play Imm/Dei the way you play in lower diffs (meaning more like a builder diplomat), then the game becomes far more challenging due to the huge bonuses... obviously, you will not be able to build anything you want either.

Bottom line though, you play however you want, that is the whole idea. I just responded to your "complaint" about having to change something in your play style...

Interesting... what is the size of your file?

118,852 KB. I will keep it backed up for now. No more loading old save games. Though I will reload my Gathering Storm games to get them back into the new hall of fame. I reported it in the bug forum.

@Disgustipated : you could also try and download any free version of SQLITE, install it, and then open the HoF file and delete all the entries you added today, to at least recover the other entries.

118,852 KB. I will keep it backed up for now. No more loading old save games. Though I will reload my Gathering Storm games to get them back into the new hall of fame. I reported it in the bug forum.

When you load the savegames, the HoF only registers new data and the end result, so you would lose all the stats related to your GS finished games that are in your original HoF. Try the SQLITE dl first.

Or, delete them from inside the HoF in-game, maybe that is enough to make it work normal again.

Same, I think you did not get my point either. If you try to play Imm/Dei the way you play in lower diffs (meaning more like a builder diplomat), then the game becomes far more challenging due to the huge bonuses... obviously, you will not be able to build anything you want either.

Bottom line though, you play however you want, that is the whole idea. I just responded to your "complaint" about having to change something in your play style...

Not being able to build things *is* having to change the play style. It's not really a complaint; this is the way it's always been. It's just that higher difficulties inherently limit those options and stuff will get built before I can even physically get to them. That isn't fun and even happens on Emperor already.

I mean, even if the AI runs away, are they managing it @ t300?

When you load the savegames, the HoF only registers new data and the end result, so you would lose all the stats related to your GS finished games that are in your original HoF. Try the SQLITE dl first.

Or, delete them from inside the HoF in-game, maybe that is enough to make it work normal again.

I'm not sure I'll bother. I've already wasted enough time on this. And I'm not sure I like that it ends up in a separate drop down menu anyways. So on the main screen it still looks like I haven't played several leaders.

Not being able to build things *is* having to change the play style. It's not really a complaint; this is the way it's always been. It's just that higher difficulties inherently limit those options and stuff will get built before I can even physically get to them. That isn't fun and even happens on Emperor already.

I mean, even if the AI runs away, are they managing it @ t300?

Just lost to an Amanitore SV on turn 334 (she even used multiple instances of the "accelerator" projects to speed up her spaceship to 4 lys/t before I finally disabled all her SPs). Couldn't get enough of my superspies on time to disrupt all her SPs to delay her launch... was dragged on by many early to mid wars against an uber aggressive Jarva, and when I finally reduced him to a quiet neighbor, I was already behind enough to allow the runaway Amanitore (on the other side of the world) to get an insurmountable advantage. It was well played overall by the AI at the strategic level, combat AI is still weak but I find it better than before.

Oh, and I saw my ally Mongolia fielding a large air force, at least 12 fighters all deployed on or around important targets. Couldn't check the others that much, but saw bombers hitting targets.

It also keep track of your defeats :lol::lol::lol:
Spoiler :
And you can choose to delete any game from the HoF tracking. Had to do it after tinkering with turn 1 score victory... (because let’s be honest, no one ever goes for it)

Top Bottom