Halo 2

If I had an XBox, I would get it. However, I am glad that this overhyped game comes out a week before the far superior HalfLife 2, and therefore people will forget about it, or at least its sales will diminish compared to halfLife 2's :).

HALO the video game was not named for HALO the airjump. HALO is what they call the 'ring-world' on which the first game takes place

Silverflame said:
Considering Halo 2's already been leaked, and most game reviewers have already had the game for a while now, that's not entirely true. :p

Well, we're the first country to officially get to play halo 2 on it's release date. :p

w00t Halo 2 come out today [dance] [dance] [dance] :drool: :drool:

I've got it. Seems good but I was expecting more (to much hype?)

General Porkins said:
HALO the video game was not named for HALO the airjump. HALO is what they call the 'ring-world' on which the first game takes place

Yeah, its shaped like a giant halo. :)
I got to see multiplayer live a few hours ago. It was sweet. I dont get to go pick mine up until 9 AM today.

i got it, but i havent played any big multiplayer games yet. i just checked out the maps and weapons and stuff with my friend. the dual-wielding and the new weapons will take a little to get used to. also there is no life bar, just the shield, so you can never be 'injured' and you dont die when falling from up high. the energy blade is awesome.

I was under the impression that the game wasn't supposed to be released until tomorrow. :hmm: Doesn't really matter. I have an exam next Tuesday, and can't afford to play until then...

By energy blade, are you referring to the sword type thing those special elites had in halo 1? If so, are they still one hit kills?

Zardnaar said:
I've got it. Seems good but I was expecting more (to much hype?)

However, even it isn't as good as the hype, the fanboys of Halo will still say its the best gameever due to their stubbornness.

I played it alittle pretty fun, and a great FPS on the X-Box.

andvruss said:
However, even it isn't as good as the hype, the fanboys of Halo will still say its the best gameever due to their stubbornness.

That is what Fanboys are surpose to do.

Chaos_BF1942 said:
That is what Fanboys are surpose to do.

I meant, in their ignorance. I am seeing this biased, of course, but it is just console gamers are less educated in their mindset about games and gaming that no matter how good it is, they will say it is the best game ever. I have had bad experiences with these types, so maybe I am sterotyping. Half-life 2 fans will be much more critical, actually basing the game on its pros and cons, instead of seeing it one way.

In my own opinion Halo 2 was NOT over hyped it deserves all the hype and lives up to it fully. That is my opinion. I am not a fanboy and I do think critically although I can't say that your stereotyping was wrong either. There are a lot of fanboys as you call them that don't judge a game as much as they would with anotehr game becuase they are blinded by escitement. In this case however their escitment is not for nothing, Halo 2 is a wonderfull game that some could call revolutionary in terms of gameplay. It is NOT the best game ever made but it is ONE of the best.

subbss said:
In my own opinion Halo 2 was NOT over hyped it deserves all the hype and lives up to it fully. That is my opinion. I am not a fanboy and I do think critically although I can't say that your stereotyping was wrong either. There are a lot of fanboys as you call them that don't judge a game as much as they would with anotehr game becuase they are blinded by escitement. In this case however their escitment is not for nothing, Halo 2 is a wonderfull game that some could call revolutionary in terms of gameplay. It is NOT the best game ever made but it is ONE of the best.

Having not played Halo 2, but from screenshots, Halo 2 looks very good, and if I owned it, I would probably say as well it is one of the best.

One word. Disappointing.

andvruss said:
Having not played Halo 2, but from screenshots, Halo 2 looks very good, and if I owned it, I would probably say as well it is one of the best.

A lot of the really nice looking screens were actually edited to look better. The graphics are still amazing, but you shouldn't base everything just off the screenshots.

I had a lot of fun annoying Halo fanboys today by mentioning that today is indeed the day when one of the greatest things all year is being released: Firefox 1.0 :p

subbss said:
In my own opinion Halo 2 was NOT over hyped it deserves all the hype and lives up to it fully (...) Halo 2 is a wonderfull game that some could call revolutionary in terms of gameplay. It is NOT the best game ever made but it is ONE of the best.

Sorry, but the Halo 2 hype is that the game IS the best game ever, and deserves nothing short of perfect tens. Why else is everyone complaining about the 9.4 score from Gamespot? (which, considering Gamespot rates pretty harshly, I would consider a great score)

And once again, I still don't know why anyone would call the game revolutionary. All I see is TWO major changes to the gameplay:

1) Different colored Master Chefs
2) Dual Wielding Weapons

That said, I'm sure Halo 2 is a really great game, and while it's impossible for the game to live up to all of its hype, it should get pretty darn close. I'm personally not planning on getting the game, since I'm not a huge FPS fan in general.

Its a great game. Best game ever? No its really just another FPS. Best game on Xbox- maybe:)

subbss said:
Revolutionary? There is one revolutionary concept in the game, jacking vehicles.

Everything else has been done before.

Still a great game. Can't wait to play live with my friends in big groups. (I don't have an Xbox but when someone has live you can play as a guest. Up to three guests)

I wouldn't call that revolutionary, revolutionary for an fps game, but not for in revolutionary in general.

Revolutionary? There is one revolutionary concept in the game, jacking vehicles.

Grand Theft Auto :p, albeit that's not an FPS.

Top Bottom