Halo Mod Development. Join-up!!!

darkonion

"där-kōn-ė-uhn"
WE NEED MODDERS!!! Anyone with any modding experience who would like to see a Halo mod come to life please, dont hesitate to join up... or if u just want to give us some ideas or just shoot down some of mine (that i have listed below), be my guest...

I hope to have a weapons system so that ur units come with no weapons but u can build weapons an equip ur units with them...

Ideas:

Spoiler Civilizations: Leaders :

>1. New Covenant
>>a. Prophet of Truth
>>b. Prophet of Mercy
>>c. Prophet of Regret
>2. Old Covenant
>>a. Supreme Commander of the Fleet of the Particular Justice (The Arbitor)
>>b. Commanding General of the SpecOps Forces
>3. U.N.S.C Forces
>>a. Captain Keys
>>b. Sergeant Major Johnson
>4. Paracites (Flood)
>>a. The Gravemind
>5. ForeRunner Remnants
>>a. 343 Guilty Spark
>>b. 2401 Pantiten Tangant

Spoiler Units :

>1. New Covenant
>>a. Kig-Yar (Jackle)
>>b.Yanme'e (Drone)
>>c. Jiral Hanae (Brute)
>2. Old Covenant
>>a. Unggoy (Grunt)
>>b. Lekgolo (Hunter)
>>c. Sangheili (Elite)
>3. Both Covenants
>>a. Ghost
>>b. Banshee
>>c. Wraith
>>d. Spectre
>>e. Shadow
>>f. Phantom (New Dropship)
>>g. Capital Ship
>4. U.N.S.C. Forces
>>a. Marine
>>b. Hell Jumper
>>c. Spartan Super-Soldier
>>d. Warthog LRV (Machine-Gun)
>>e. Warthog LAAV (Magnetic-Gun)
>>f. Scoriopn Tank
>>g. Pelican Dropship
>>h. Longsword Fighter
>>i. Battle Cruiser
>>j. MAC Gun
>5. Paracites (Flood)
>>a. Infection Form
>>b. Carrier Form
>>c. Pure Combat Form
>>d. Human Combat Form
>>e. Covenant Combat Form
>>f. Behemoth (Flood's Natural Dropship and Fighter)
>6. ForeRunner Remnants
>>a. Sentinal Drone
>>b. Sentinal Minor (Sentinal seen in Halo: Combat Evolved)
>>c. Sentinal Major
>>d. Sentinal Launcher (The wall-mounted Dispencer of Sentinal Minors in Halo 2)

Have you seen they're making Halo 3?

Sorry, I had to say it. I would be in but I have Age of Civilizations to work on. I hope to see this one get completed.

yah ive seen that... we'll update as it comes out kk?

itll be a "u control a force" game... chose the covenant or the humans etc. and build units to fight with.... a conventional civ game

ideas on weapons system:

u can build a unit, a marine for example, which has a pistol for starter weapon... but as u go up the teck tree u can unlock the "sniper" unit, but u cannot build it... BUT, you can upgrade your marine to the sniper for a cost of gold and turns...

IDEAS???????? PLZ!!!!

Few and far between are those who play both Civ4 and Halo.

I have thought about this as well, I think halo would make a better age or scenario than a mod though, imagine this: after Future tech, (dramatic pause) the HALO AGE! The covanent cityship high charity appears over the ocean, specter dropships and battlecruisers head towardeach CIV, filled with covanent forces. This forces all the civilizations to team up, give each other upgraded tech and take the fight to the covenant. The Master chief spawns in the city where future tech is first developed.

Xereq said:
I have thought about this as well, I think halo would make a better age or scenario than a mod though, imagine this: after Future tech, (dramatic pause) the HALO AGE! The covanent cityship high charity appears over the ocean, specter dropships and battlecruisers head towardeach CIV, filled with covanent forces. This forces all the civilizations to team up, give each other upgraded tech and take the fight to the covenant. The Master chief spawns in the city where future tech is first developed.

good idea... but what im trying to do is NOT make a covenant/human war... but instead make it so that if you wish to (in-game), you can make peace with the covenant or whoever else is there and decide the fate of universe... you can kill it(with the use of all... 7 i believe it was.. halo's) or you can save it by destroying the halo's... i hope to have the flood, sentinals, covenant, humans, etc. as playable factions in the game...

Spartan117 said:

i no... I LOVES THIS IDEA TOO!!! =þ

darkonion said:
good idea... but what im trying to do is NOT make a covenant/human war... but instead make it so that if you wish to (in-game), you can make peace with the covenant or whoever else is there and decide the fate of universe... you can kill it(with the use of all... 7 i believe it was.. halo's) or you can save it by destroying the halo's... i hope to have the flood, sentinals, covenant, humans, etc. as playable factions in the game...

Interesting, but the flood should be barbarians at the most, they are not civilized, do not negotiate, they seem only driven to propagate thier own race by infecting other lifeforms. The covanent's stand on other races: Join us and give up your culture or die. Doesn't exactly lend itself to civ style diplomacy. I think if you ever get this mod off the ground, it would benefit greatly form the battle rounds system I am proposing.

Xereq said:
Interesting, but the flood should be barbarians at the most, they are not civilized, do not negotiate, they seem only driven to propagate thier own race by infecting other lifeforms. The covanent's stand on other races: Join us and give up your culture or die. Doesn't exactly lend itself to civ style diplomacy. I think if you ever get this mod off the ground, it would benefit greatly form the battle rounds system I am proposing.

no... the flood, like other races... have a leader... and a purpose... ok... the sentinal would get like a 100% damage bonus on flood... flood cannot build their own units EXCEPT the infection form, the carrier form and 3 national pure combat forms... flood infect other units and that's their strength and weakness... humans train faster but are weaker... covenant train slower but are stronger... the only exception to this is the humans spartan unit and the OC's (old covenant's) Elite and the NC's (new covenant's) brute...

I've been thinking about a halo mod for awhile. my 2 cents...

Civilizations-
Humanity (or whatever you want to call it)
The covenant
Heretics (start at war with covenant)
Grunts (have the "grunt" strategic resource, covenant can conquer them and make grunts)
Brutes (work in same fashion as grunts)
Hunters (same fashion as grunts)
Jackals (same way as grunts)
Flood
Forerunners (units such as sentinals and large sentinals)
and maybe several made up ones to keep humanity busy before they contact the covenant.

Have planets- large circular land masses surrounded by sea (space), about 20 of them, each 1 about 1.5 screen lengths large (this is to allow for strategic ground combat). planets have mountains, planes, and other terrain but no water to simplify things. each tile on a planet is worth the same food, water, anfd commerce as all the others to simplify things.
two types of space tiles- near space and deep space (names can be changed) near space costs 1 movement point for quick movement, dep space costs more to make it more difficult to move through, which eliminates the need for large tracts of it between planets.

Earth starts out with earth fully colonized and outposts on a few other planets like Reach. Covenant starts out with three fully colonized planets and 1 Halo. this gives them an advantage to annex other civilizations and defeat the heretics. brutes, grunts, hunters and jackals and heretics start close covenant. Forerunners start out with a planet somewhere, as do all the other civilizations. Flood starts in a corner and doesnt get ships until mid-game to give earth and covenant a chance to get bearings.

Halos - there are 8 halos in space. they are immobile, and cannot be disbanded once captured. they each have some barbarian powerful unit guarding it, so earth and covenant cannot capture them until mid gAME (except for the 1 covenant starts with). Halos function as artillery pieces with a large range that fire 1 nuclear missle attack a turn. All planets are within range of atleast 1 halo but no more than two, except for earth, which is the only planet in range of none. They are powerful, and can control the game. They are positioned on a space tile that has the physics of a land 1 allowing units to attack it.

Wonders should include things like forerunners ship, which starts on high charity and powers it giving it a production bonus, the space defense iniative which earth builds and makes MAC gun battlegroups and MAC guns.

Fill in some blanks with the tech tree, which near the end has a tech called "the grand alliance"(the plot of halo 3). does stuff, allows earth to build Cortana MkII the most powerful unti in the game by far (seen the Halo 3 debut trailer?) stuff like that. Grand alliance also erases the locked war between covenant and earth (im pretty sure thats possible to do, im working on it)

I'd also use the function of having a set number of units of a type possible to build based on city numbers, with the only units not having that are standard infantry (elites, marines that advance along with tech tree) and naval (space) ships. this makes sure AI has some infantry.

UNSC units:
Infantry - starter infantry unit
Heavy infantry - MG, slower, more powerful
Light infantry - SMGs, nimbler, less powerful
Early transport - based on Pillar of Autumn
Early cruiser - based on pillar of Autumn
Early boarding craft - mounted on transports, cant survive in space more than 1 turn, power fairly high, as high as it takes for 2 or 3 to destroy an enemy ship.
Transport - based on InAmber Clad
Cruiser - Based on InAmber Clad
Boarding craft - see above
Early nightwing (name of thing master chief escapes on off Halo in halo1) Fighter (dont know name, but you see them fly by in the cutscene from the MAC gun)
MAC gun -
MAC gun Battlegrouo - can only be created by the space defence iniative wonder, talked about by Jackson. pretty powerful bombard.
early Marine - successor to infantry
earl;y Heavy marine - etc
early Light marine - etc
earlySniper - low power, with bombardment
Marine
Heavy marine
light marine
Sniper
Mjnollnir - successor to marine, mjollnir is the type of armor spartans wear, could have same graphic but different color. late in tech tree
Spartan - only created by the Spartan Project wonder
Helicopter - starter
Pelican - succesor to helicopter, carries marines
Heavy pelican - alternate to pelican, carries scorpion
Support Pelican - light bomber
Early warthog - weak recon unit
warthog LRv -
warthog LAAV -
Armor - starting tank
Scorpion -
Cortana MKII - pretty powerful, gives huge bonuses to smae tile ppl
Helljumper - work like paratroopers, slightly better than marine

Benny-Tow said:
I've been thinking about a halo mod for awhile. my 2 cents...

Civilizations-
Humanity (or whatever you want to call it)
The covenant
Heretics (start at war with covenant)
Grunts (have the "grunt" strategic resource, covenant can conquer them and make grunts)
Brutes (work in same fashion as grunts)
Hunters (same fashion as grunts)
Jackals (same way as grunts)
Flood
Forerunners (units such as sentinals and large sentinals)
and maybe several made up ones to keep humanity busy before they contact the covenant.

Have planets- large circular land masses surrounded by sea (space), about 20 of them, each 1 about 1.5 screen lengths large (this is to allow for strategic ground combat). planets have mountains, planes, and other terrain but no water to simplify things. each tile on a planet is worth the same food, water, anfd commerce as all the others to simplify things.
two types of space tiles- near space and deep space (names can be changed) near space costs 1 movement point for quick movement, dep space costs more to make it more difficult to move through, which eliminates the need for large tracts of it between planets.

Earth starts out with earth fully colonized and outposts on a few other planets like Reach. Covenant starts out with three fully colonized planets and 1 Halo. this gives them an advantage to annex other civilizations and defeat the heretics. brutes, grunts, hunters and jackals and heretics start close covenant. Forerunners start out with a planet somewhere, as do all the other civilizations. Flood starts in a corner and doesnt get ships until mid-game to give earth and covenant a chance to get bearings.

Halos - there are 8 halos in space. they are immobile, and cannot be disbanded once captured. they each have some barbarian powerful unit guarding it, so earth and covenant cannot capture them until mid gAME (except for the 1 covenant starts with). Halos function as artillery pieces with a large range that fire 1 nuclear missle attack a turn. All planets are within range of atleast 1 halo but no more than two, except for earth, which is the only planet in range of none. They are powerful, and can control the game. They are positioned on a space tile that has the physics of a land 1 allowing units to attack it.

Wonders should include things like forerunners ship, which starts on high charity and powers it giving it a production bonus, the space defense iniative which earth builds and makes MAC gun battlegroups and MAC guns.

Fill in some blanks with the tech tree, which near the end has a tech called "the grand alliance"(the plot of halo 3). does stuff, allows earth to build Cortana MkII the most powerful unti in the game by far (seen the Halo 3 debut trailer?) stuff like that. Grand alliance also erases the locked war between covenant and earth (im pretty sure thats possible to do, im working on it)

i like this... but... in teh end of halo 2... the covenant split... thats what im trying to simulate by having new and old covenants... teh new run by the prophets and the old run by the elites... each civ will get 3-4 troops but will beable to upgrade them to the heavier troops (ie. teh marine can upgrade to a sniper marine which u cannot build seperately... so if u want a sniper u have to build a marine than pay for the cost of building the "sniper rifle" for that marine...)

the halo issue i have ideas on... i like urs but im not trying to simulate a "space" map... the civs will fight on one of the halos... i also wish to add the "secondary" map idea... as an underground network of tunnels that the flood and the sentinals start in... with openings to the outside halo to fight the "intruders"...

since this is a civ game where u can change the fate of ur civ... the "locked war" idea is out of the question...

the wonder ideas u have are wonderful... but i need a new unit for the humans...

KEEP THE IDEAS COMMING!!! :goodjob:

Benny-Tow said:
UNSC units:
Infantry - starter infantry unit
Heavy infantry - MG, slower, more powerful
Light infantry - SMGs, nimbler, less powerful
Early transport - based on Pillar of Autumn
Early cruiser - based on pillar of Autumn
Early boarding craft - mounted on transports, cant survive in space more than 1 turn, power fairly high, as high as it takes for 2 or 3 to destroy an enemy ship.
Transport - based on InAmber Clad
Cruiser - Based on InAmber Clad
Boarding craft - see above
Early nightwing (name of thing master chief escapes on off Halo in halo1) Fighter (dont know name, but you see them fly by in the cutscene from the MAC gun)
MAC gun -
MAC gun Battlegrouo - can only be created by the space defence iniative wonder, talked about by Jackson. pretty powerful bombard.
early Marine - successor to infantry
earl;y Heavy marine - etc
early Light marine - etc
earlySniper - low power, with bombardment
Marine
Heavy marine
light marine
Sniper
Mjnollnir - successor to marine, mjollnir is the type of armor spartans wear, could have same graphic but different color. late in tech tree
Spartan - only created by the Spartan Project wonder
Helicopter - starter
Pelican - succesor to helicopter, carries marines
Heavy pelican - alternate to pelican, carries scorpion
Support Pelican - light bomber
Early warthog - weak recon unit
warthog LRv -
warthog LAAV -
Armor - starting tank
Scorpion -
Cortana MKII - pretty powerful, gives huge bonuses to smae tile ppl
Helljumper - work like paratroopers, slightly better than marine

we need this to be simple... for now... we need a working mod before anything too... this extent...

If you need help with XMLing I am prety good at that.

PeterW78 said:
If you need help with XMLing I am prety good at that.

who isnt? i need people who can do unit graphics etc etc....

Top Bottom