Happiness from luxuries

I think this statement mostly applies to you two -- you basically keep agreeing with each other. I'm not the only person who has said that luxuries are undervalued, and that wide empires need more happiness relief. Whether buffing luxuries alone does the job or not will soon be revealed. Nerfing happiness elsewhere to balance such a buff is unlikely to resolve the happiness situation that has resulted in various posts in this thread and elsewhere.

I wasn't commenting again just to agree again, it was to say that if luxuries were to be buffed while keeping happiness the same, I think only needs can be tweaked to achieve that.

I just don't agree that there's a happiness problem overall, though I only base that on my own experience playing the mod. I just find it wrong somehow that most of the time it makes sense to sell off luxuries if the AI is willing to pay reasonable gold for it - it indicates that luxuries may be too weak for their designed purpose (happiness).

I wasn't commenting again just to agree again, it was to say that if luxuries were to be buffed while keeping happiness the same, I think only needs can be tweaked to achieve that.

I just don't agree that there's a happiness problem overall, though I only base that on my own experience playing the mod. I just find it wrong somehow that most of the time it makes sense to sell off luxuries if the AI is willing to pay reasonable gold for it - it indicates that luxuries may be too weak for their designed purpose (happiness).

Yeah, I don't think anyone has disagreed with your view on luxuries. They don't make sense right now.

Top Bottom