Hardest difficulty you have beaten the game on!

I won a time victory on noble, but have lost four games in a row on warlord.

I think this is from playing on "Terra" instead of "Continents".

If you don't know how to keep people from wanting to kill you, i think continents is considerably easier.

Also, are the creative civs really at a disatvantage because culture just creates borders tension?

I've won at prince level. Standard map, domination victory, epic speed with the Arabs. My score was 7917. So far, I just can't keep up with the AI civs in the tech race at monarch level. I've been playing with a slow the tech race mod which delays tech trading until Guilds.

I've won on Deity. 200 AD Conquest, 28k score (not much), duel size. DUEL size. I'm trying to figure out how to win on a huge map now....... haven't played Civ IV in more then a week. Getting the game back from a friend by tommorrow. Weren't they gonna come out with the new patch this week? I hope I find one when I get m civ game back from my friend. :) If they do, I'm going to specialize my cities and try a huge knights/cavalry/rifleman/catepult conquest, then probly finish the job with tanks, fighters/bombers.... gonna need a spiritual civ and the pyramids too.

How do the difficulty levels work with hosting a multiplayer game? Each human player can set their own difficulty (so each receives bonuses/penalties subject to their own setting?) but the AI is set to 'Noble' and there's no apparent way to change it. I'd quite like to make the AI harder as a cooperative game is far too easy with the AI on 'Noble'. So how does this work? The manual is less than helpful.

I have won one Settler Time Victory (Huge, 13 Civs, Pangaea, French) and one Settler Space Race (Huge, Continents, 13 Civs, 23 Turns Left, Indian).

I have yet to complete my goal of winning at least 2 Cultural Victories on each difficulty. I will stay on Settler until it does.

rube203 said:
Unfortunately that doesn't prove it since there is a bug and it doesn't show who won, only the victory type. However, I believe you anyways!

Actually, if you notice the two scores, since they're different, that indicates that they won. The two scores are only different when you get the bonus for winning the game. If you lose, they are the same.

--Julian

I have won on duel size with 1 AI at deity level in 300BC get a score of 20k ,probably not very good since I use too much time.

I've won a domination and a space race on monarch, now I'm trying to win on diety - I think I'm going to try on a duel map first. I tried one game as an experiment so far and it seems possible to win, although difficult

I've won repeatedly on Warlord, via Space Race. I think it's time to turn that option off for me. I have finished 3rd in Noble but no better than that yet.

Played two games on Noble, and I am 1 and 1 (spacerace).

Only playing on small maps to get the hang of things and it's surprisingly different to civ3 at first then surprisingly similiar. Not sure exactly how score is worked out yet. As u can see I like a redcoat rush :)

View attachment 103662

I just won my first game that I concider noteworthy: Noble, stardard map, continents, and 7 other Civs. Normal speed.

No offence to others out there, but if you ask me, I don't count my victories on tiny/small maps, with just 1 or 2 other Civs (see the below paragraph as to why). That's just a crapshoot if you'll win or not. I've won those on Noble settings earlier, but they were so easy for me, I just did'nt "feel" like I won.

What is ticking me off a bit is I saved the tutorial, to finish it later, and when I loaded it up, it said "you win!", and I had to quit it. But here's the annoying thing: It now shows up on my Victories Top Score screen as the number one game (by far). A tiny map with one other Civ, and it counts THAT as the best possible game I could have won ever :crazyeye: I wish I could delete it somehow.

I am taking it slow, and am perfecting my conquest / domination games on Noble level. One of the features I love in this civ is the ability to cram 18 AI's on standard-sized maps. I will not play any less.

I think I came up with a great early-game strategy, but I will have to try it on emperor before posting. Gimme about a week ;).

im having fun on emperor, huge, pangae, random water level/climate as the japs default settings (non custom game). now at 1000AD iv worked my way to being equel to the 2nd last civilization, other then myself. also writing a litle walkthrough, which helps me make the best decisions as i think bout what i do.
i was about to finish a monarch game, but i already saw it as won and quit.

I have won 2 games space race victory on warlord. I haven't tried anything higher then noble as yet. Some of you must have been testers so successfully score high on higher levels?

I always play on custom_Land masses, 6 continents, 8-10 AI. :D

I was mucking about on Noble when I beat the Chinese in a 1-1 battle on Duel map.

All the rest of the games were 18 civs, quick and Ancient starts.

The large map that was won by space race in 2047 was won by the Egyptians, I was leading in score at that time.
The other large and huge maps were never finished as they crashed each turn after about the year 2000, the space race victory wasn't mine though in the 'Huge' map :(
When I played the small map with 18 civs I did win that :)
At the moment I'm 'finishing' the small map off by trying to destroy all the other civs, currently up to year 2103 and should only need another 100 years :cool:
Then I goto the next level :goodjob:

From these boards I did learn that the computer can't handle maps larger than 'standard' so that's why the huge/large games were never finished; so now it's small maps with 18 civs :king:

Top Bottom