Hardest difficulty you have beaten the game on!

Its not only the difficulty level that counts, but also tnings like mapsize, gamespeed and number of civs are important. Playing a tiny map with few civs, and quick speed on noble level, and be winning, is not much to brag about! ;)

Winning on Monarch on now, but if I get a bad start it can be a close call ;).

I belive I will stay on Monarch for a while, try different civs and different starting locations.

Beaten 1 game on Emperor on Huge map ,playing another succesfull one atm.Though starting position is just crucial. (i generate a few maps before i'm happy with my setup position)

Tried Diety ,came in mid ,was a small lappetizer for the hardest levels.It will only be a matter of weeks before people start winning this game on immortal.

I also won one emperor, space-race on a huge map. (and one immortal space race victory on Rhye's earth map, but I had to do some reload... :) )

I'd love to MP a bit - that way you can really know if you're up to par. Playing and winning against AI doesn't give you prestige amongst your peers. Haraharhar...

none i got the game last thursday and have been reading the book and some of the hints here

I work security so i have lots of time to read but my brain is hurting

I won noble level. Thats my only win. I lost three games of warlord/noble. I dont count my first game/win, cause it was sttler level I was playing in order to figure out the game.
PS-my noble win was spacecraft launch

I have won a couple of space races on tiny lakes maps with 12-18 civs. I think these smaller maps with lots of civs provide a very different challenge, since you're exposed by quite a number of civs the whole game and you'll have to manage with a limited amount of cities (waging war with one civ, gives an opportunity to 5 other ones on your border). You need a lot of diplomacy. You couldn't possibly survive on Immortal on these kind of maps...

Beat the computer on standard maps on Noble some 5 times, lost once (damn space victory). Tried my first Prince game the other week, got an amazing start and got a heavy tech and economical advantage to the computer, then around 100ad the Romans invade me and seriously kick me off the planet with an insane amount of units. Im still in shock, its just crazy how some civs build insane amounts of units. Last time I neglect my defensive army, expanding to much without having enough defense will have your empire crumble in a few turns if someone starts a war.

Beat the computer silly on a tiny Prince yesterday, prolly cause the cpu got a bad start up in antartica :p Gonna try a Monarch next.

Tried a few multiplayer games, but it seems very unstable, keep crashing or disconnecting or getting bad performance. One game I invested over 5 hours and was in heavy lead and just about to wipe of the enemy army... bang get disconnected and then I couldnt remember the name of the game I was in so couldnt reconnect... fun, ill wait for the patch before trying mp again.

Noble, Space Race, Continents, Standard Size World, Normal Speed. I'm working my way up the difficulty levels slowly as a means of getting used to the game's new features.

I played one game on prince, some on monarch and now I'm playing on emperor - I lose about 60% of my games on emp now, but I allways play on the level I lose more often at than I win, because winning feels so much more rewarding when you know it was against your personal odds...

I eeked a space race victory out in Prince difficulty. If the computer had been smarter in choosing what to research/produce I'm sure I would have lost.

highest score so far is on Noble with Gandhi winning UN election
pretty odd at 1977 won it, without even planning for it.

I got lower scores on Prince but managed to win. Prince is like playing catch-ups. more satisfying and hectic trading to be had.

Prince (almost) got to modern age (with no space option as the game ends too early) 3 or 4 times and was ahead in score, but didn't feel like spending 30 minutes per turn to finish

played at emperor level for a few times and realise i couldnt win by domination at around ad 1700, histogram victory is not fun : )
and i hate the bug that even u lose, it doesnt show up : / i lose once at the first game, alexander built space ship darn

ps does anyone know any source that makes a good image upload space? im using photobucket and this pic is resized :/

Well Settler, got bored and quit, Chieftain the same, warlord won a space race victory still bored..... so I thought crank it up a few notches... Noble with raging Babariens; no tech trading and , since I hate loosing after loosing one city I just disabled everything but the space race; Huge Map
Hmmm,
Saladin : got flooded with Babariens around 1800BC, tried a few times over.....
Napoleon: on one Map I got flooded with Babariens around the same time as in m y saladin games, on anothr map they left me alone till around 500 BC, then I get flooded with Axeman and Horse Archers and shortly thereafter with Swordsmen....
I tried a few times over and over, different building and priorities, but allways the same results, once those Babariens hit there is nothing left to do, but to build military units....
well I keep trying

So far I've played mostly on Prince with only one victory to show for it. However most of the others involved the AI winning by space race with me only a few turns away from a diplomacy/culture/domination victory.:mad:

Top Bottom