Has the game finally been released for the rest of the world?

Thank god!

Just a reminder to ppl, start install via the dvd rahter than activate game in steam as this will make you dl the whole game by the looks of it!!

I activated via Steam with the disc in the drive after trying to install it before, and it's installing off the disc OK.

Hurry up, hurry up!!

OMG now it's saying incomplete installation, I swear I'm going to rage in a minute ....

(Edit) false alarm, it ran on the third go

Thank god!

Just a reminder to ppl, start install via the dvd rahter than activate game in steam as this will make you dl the whole game by the looks of it!!

You could be right...I just looked at what my computer is downloading...it looks more like 4 gig than 1 gig...

How can I stop it?

I cant even get it to run in DX10/11 mode, the window that pops up asking me which version I want to play is broken. Sigh.

OK....so it wasn't quite the five hours that I had to wait for the download that the popup box told me.

Even so...I started playing one last game of Civ IV....as Gandhi....and I have a beautiful, really beautiful game going...what a quandry...continue playing Civ IV...play Civ V?!?!?!

Nah, I think it's just their not that precise about it.

I have a vision of a Valve employee sitting at his desk. On that desk is a button, which is big and red. The employee can press the button now if he want to, but does he? No he's on YouTube watching some silly video of a cat...

Apologies if this has been posted in the approx 1 billion posts since I went to sleep, but....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28803638@N00/1536807300/

That big red button REALLY DOES EXIST AT VALVE.

This will happen if Steam is running in compatibility mode.

Quit out of Steam, right-click on the Steam.exe application and select "properties". Then select "Compatibility" tab. Make sure the compatibility mode is set to AT LEAST "Vista Service Pack 2". Everything should be good after that.

Im hearing the same music!!

Appears as if the options are on top of each other, Is that what you are seeing?

has anyone else in the uk not received their game today from amazon? mine didnt come but it said it was supposed to

Top Bottom