• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Has the game finally been released for the rest of the world?

It may seem silly, but I feel ******ed for having bought the game on Steam.

I thought the entire point of buying a digital download, is that in theory you should be able to receive it quicker than a physical one...

This is the great thing about Steamworks games :) Even the people who bought a physical copy have to wait on Steam :D

I thought the entire point of buying a digital download, is that in theory you should be able to receive it quicker than a physical one...

What shops do you know that are open at 1am?

Well quite.

When you buy something from someone and they tell you that you can play it at midnight, to be honest, you ought to be able to play it at midnight.

(and wtf is is midnight anyway?)

25 minutes... must... stay... awake.... MUST PLAY CIV!!! O_O

I bought mine of play.com and when i got home it had arrived a day early. I was looking forward to playing it a day early. So don't worry us physical copy owners are also in the same boat.

I suppose I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow but seeing as it arrived I decided earlier to stay up, install it at MIDNIGHT and play for a couple hours having a late night but not too late.

Now im sat here wishing I was asleep but buzzed up on coffee and its all thanks to some Americans that decide what time it is here in the UK!

Do they have it in mainland Europe yet....

I started thinking that as it is 1.33am in Berlin maybe I wasn't so bad off...poor Germans have to wait until the shops open.

EDIT: I guess those last few posts answers my questions...sorry to those who haven't digital downloads.

PS: I had better get around to correcting my location...it's NZ now.

if u had a physical copy u couldnt even install it yet

Is it out yet ? says nothing on steam regarding when its coming out anymore and i still cant play

Okay, another try. Please excuse the bold letters, but people struggle to realize this:

Unlockingtimes by 2k:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88659

Here is a site that converts your time into CET:
http://wwp.european-union-eu.com/germany/time/

As you can see everything is on time.
Why did that countdown in the store kick off one hour too early?
Two possible explanations:

-Steam-guys don't know about summertime (dayligthsavings? - don't know the exact word, it's when your country turns the clock by one hour in the summer)
-Getting people to leave earlier to not fry the servers (again)

So stay calm, there is nothing wrong currently.

Top Bottom