Have does Continental Rally Point Works?

shinsei

Warlord
I've searched some thread,someone mentioned that your newly created unit automaticly goes to another continent if the Rally Point is set on another continent,but,how does it work,do they make transports them self?i'm playing a huge map,had a more then hundred of cities,and fighting enemies on another continent,the turns takes too long just to settle all my workers,and it even frustrate me more about having ordering my unit to get on ships one by one manually,its takes more then 10 minutes just for one turn,some times takes me 20 minutes.any solutions?

PS:got the title wrong,it was suppose to be"HOW does Continental Rally Point Works? "

The continental rally point sets a rally point for all your cities in the same continent, which means that all the units you build after setting it will automatically go to the rally point right after they're built. There's no automation other than this.

I don't think I have any solution, you could set a rally point in a coastal tile right next to your transportation, but you'd still have to do the orders.

I see....so there is no automate transport....

Anyways it would be great if any one could give me some more "HURRING THE TURN UP "advices,its taking way too long per turn!i had to take control over production for all my cities one by one,adjusting citizen moods,adjusting labor,ordering workers,moving unit around for more then 100+ cities while battling 3 opponent or sea on another continent,this is insane...

I tried using the "contact governor" function,i turned the "manage production" on for all citys then after few turns i realize all my city are building a same unit over and over,and not before i turned off,it just repeating this defualt unit,is it some kinda of bug?

I tried using the "contact governor" function,i turned the "manage production" on for all citys then after few turns i realize all my city are building a same unit over and over,and not before i turned off,it just repeating this defualt unit,is it some kinda of bug?

No, that's not a bug. It's just what the governers do. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do to speed things up (that I can think of). Using commands like Go To for somewhere several turns away, giving workers commands like Railroad To might help. Production queues for units (if you don't have the pop-up after units are built, which will make the cities without queues do stupid things). Generally, on huge maps, the end of the game takes a long time.

Anyways it would be great if any one could give me some more "HURRING THE TURN UP "advices,its taking way too long per turn!i had to take control over production for all my cities one by one,adjusting citizen moods,adjusting labor,ordering workers,moving unit around for more then 100+ cities while battling 3 opponent or sea on another continent,this is insane...

I agree with Jokeslayer. That's really how the late game works, I'm afraid. Some people take hours per turn. I'm not sure what you could do to "hurry the turns up" and play a nice game in the same time, since IMHO the related automation functions (governors, automated workers, etc) mess things up instead of helping. Although some people don't mind this and use them anyway, it looks like you do mind (as do I).

What you could do to keep focused is to plan things concretely. Write your plans down (either on paper or a notepad file), use tools like CivAssist II to back them up, take more time looking at what you have, don't worry about the slow pace.

Go to your preferences screen and uncheck the boxes for animate my moves, etc. It will make the late game slightly less painful.

I agree with Jokeslayer. That's really how the late game works, I'm afraid. Some people take hours per turn. I'm not sure what you could do to "hurry the turns up" and play a nice game in the same time, since IMHO the related automation functions (governors, automated workers, etc) mess things up instead of helping. Although some people don't mind this and use them anyway, it looks like you do mind (as do I).

What you could do to keep focused is to plan things concretely. Write your plans down (either on paper or a notepad file), use tools like CivAssist II to back them up, take more time looking at what you have, don't worry about the slow pace.

well the automate worker seem aright,but auto governor production is not working...for my game it builds pure flak for all cities,and NEVER switch to any other things.

well the automate worker seem aright,but auto governor production is not working...for my game it builds pure flak for all cities,and NEVER switch to any other things.

Make sure you've looked into the "build never/often" options. But then again I wouldn't recommend relying on the governor.

i haven't played any game (civ or anything) where you can choose your destination as another continent and have troops automatically board a transport and unload there.

I know it was a side issue to the main question, but I found that by getting rid of the move/combat animations (go to the Game Properties Menu) it speeds up play a lot. But unfortunately, as you get further in the game it does go slower, especially when there are a lot of Civs left with a lot of units.

About the animations, I like looking at them most of the time, otherwise I tend to get a little lost on the AI positions :crazyeye:, but when I want speed I simply turn caps lock on.

It makes the animations move much faster (or skipped?). I also keep it on, simply because it does noticeably shorten turn times, especially in big games.

So there are Fan made Utilities outside for this game too?i thought the in-game help is aready perfect.oh well anyways,how many good programs are out there,for recommandation?like somebody would say:"the utilities that must-needed before playing the game"

I wouldn't say it's must-needed, but CivAssist II certainly helps with a lot of unneeded and boring issues.

A simpler (CPU resource-wise) but similar tool is MapStat, part of the CRpSuite.

Use the "Move units in this stack" and "Move units of same type in this stack" located above the info box in the lower right hand corner of the screen. Also, set each of your core cities to build a different unit. I normally have 1 building a defensive unit (mech infantry), 2 building an offensive unit (modern armor), 1 building an artillery unit (radar artillery), 2 building bombers, and 1 more that builds marines/modern paratroopers. If you have good cities they will pump these out every 2 turns, more than enough if you use good tactics in war and don't lose a lot of units and avoid long wars.

Also. if you click the "Build last unit" option it helps a lot, they won't always revert back to Flak/Mobile SAM.

Governors are pretty useless, if you ask me. There is no substitute for Micro-Management of your cities. I like to group my workers for the late game, so you can use the move all unit button, and get the job done in 1 turn. Also, automating workers is another bad move. Unless you like them running around like beheaded chickens....

Top Bottom