Having graphics issues

Snarf054

Chieftain
Ever since the September update I have been getting game crashes where it tells me there is a graphics issue and to make sure all my display drivers are up to date. It doesn't happen every time as I have finished at least one game that I remember and it seems to happen at random times. It is however repeatable as if I try to go back into the save it will crash again.

I have a Alienware 17 laptop with a GeForce 740M graphics card. According to the Alienware tool all my drivers are up to date. GeForce Experience does tell me my driver is old but every time I try to update with it it gives me an error saying it can not contact Nvidias servers try again later.

My question is was there anything in the new patch that could be causing this. I've never had a problem before the patch. Also any ideas on why I can not upgrade my video card? I'm thinking it may be an issue where Alienware has to use Dell drivers and not Nvidia drivers. I would post this on the bugs thread but I don't think this is really a bug just more of a specific issue relating to me.

Oh almost forgot my video card passes all the tests available when I ran them.

Have you tried going to nvidia.com and just downloading a new driver directly instead of going through GFE?

Top Bottom