Having problems creating starting points in a custom map.

Howard Brown

Chieftain
I created a custom map with the in-game Civ 6 (Epic) worldbuilder map editor starting with an empty map, painting the lands, oceans, contenants, land features, and adding resources and natural wonders. Then I changed the four required textboxes in the map details so that the map doesn't show unknown when I look at the installed enabled/disabled mods and select it when creating a new game session. All of this is covered in the basic map creation videos for Civ 6, and I was able to successfully create and play a new game with this map.

Next, I added one human, 2 AI Civs, and 2 AI City States players, to the map, and saved the map in the worldbuilder. I then created a new game session, and added the updated custom map, I removed all of the players, except for five slots, and set the city states to two, but after starting the game, I get an error.

Then, I tried to create another new game for only one player, no AI Civs or AI City-States, but also got an error.

Finally, I removed all of AI players from the map using the player manager tab and re-added the AI Civs and AI City States starting points to the map using the cell-detail form, specifically selecting Civ/City State, rather than player, saved the map, but no matter which players I tried to add to the new game session would get past the error when I tried to play it.

What do I need to do to make this map work?

Attachments

• New Huge Map All Nat Res.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Lua.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
The ending of the Finally paragraph should be:

but no matter which players I tried to add to/delete from the new game session I still get the same error when I try to play it.

Top Bottom