1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Having trouble seeing hills?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bcaiko, Oct 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

Really....where are the hills....

2. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Play with yield icons on = problem solved.

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I'm getting somewhat used to it, and I can usually tell which tiles are hills, but I still wouldn't mind the hills being a bit more hilly.

4. spfun

spfun King

I have problem spotting hills underneath rainforest.

5. Roller123

Roller123 Prince

Do you really play the game like this? On a related note that prop is not spinning.

6. Cuneiform

Cuneiform Warlord

I increased my Shader detail in the Graphic settings and that has made things better, but yes it's still difficult at times.

7. bladex

bladex Emperor

zoom out now where are they? :p

qadams likes this.
  8. oedali

oedali King

I have the same issue. Rainforest Hills are the worst - virtually indistinguishable from flat Rainforest. I resort to tool tip most of the time and sometimes strategic view but to be absolutely sure you need to see the tool tip. Extra annoying during tactical war as it makes a big difference 2 vs 3 movement points

9. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

Zoom in and they're right there...if placing a city isn't worth a flick of a scroll wheel and a mouseover I don't know what is...

10. mnf

mnf King

Some of us like to plan with a bigger view, so we can see inter-city relations and plan synergies in district placing and such. Not all of us have a photographic memory, and it's tiring to keep zooming in and out just to see the hills. If you can plan an empire seeing just one city at a time, good for you. But saying "play it my way" isn't going to help solve the problem for us. I hope you understand that.

qadams and bladex like this.
  11. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

The hills in your picture are a lot more visible than the hills in my game. I can zoom all the way in and still not be sure, because sometimes the hills don't look any different from flatland.

12. petertr2000

petertr2000 Chieftain

Mouse over is horrible in 6.
    Especially when there's a resource on the tile - if you accidentally get too close, you get only the tip on the resource, and can't see the base info. You have to completely move off and go back. Really clunky.