HBO series supposedly about Lovecraft's works

Thats some weird show... I was watching 3 black people dealing with sundown towns during Jim Crow, a chase ensues, and then these monsters that look like they came out of a 50s horror movie kill the pursuers

Thats some weird show... I was watching 3 black people dealing with sundown towns during Jim Crow, a chase ensues, and then these monsters that look like they came out of a 50s horror movie kill the pursuers

Why would the monsters kill the pursuers? Wouldn't the monsters at least be closer to cultists than non-cultists? Surely the monsters can't be caring about racism themselves?
Or is this a feel-good series? (which is again entirely anti-Lovecraft) :D

I didn't get the impression the monsters were too particular about who they ate, the pursuers just happened to be the closest source of food while the 3 black people lucked out.

A point made by someone else elsewhere, about the behavior of the cops in episode 1:

The cops' actions toward the protagonists are basically the same as the fey folk in grittier fairy tales. Capricious, malevolent, you meet them by accident and they want to hurt you for no good reason; but they do follow some rules and give you a way out, or seem to; they give you a warning and a difficult task (i.e. get across the boundary line by sundown, but DON'T SPEED); but they follow the exact words of what was said, not the spirit (they never said the next county was SAFE either); etc.

Top Bottom