Health from purchased buildings not working

sylvanllewelyn

Perma-newb
I have 5 cities. 9 health from difficulty, 6+6+6+5+5 from buildings, should make 37 in total. The screen only counts 31.

The problem is, before I got health bonus quest for buildings, I got +2 health as stated. After Making it +3 health, I get 0 health or 1 health when I *purchase* the buildings. Constructed buildings work just fine.

What's going on? Anyone have similar issues?

This is probably in the wrong forum (balance/bugs would be more appropriate than tech support).

For your issue though, a city cannot produce more health than it's total population. If you have a 5 pop city with 5 health from local buildings, buying another health building won't do anything until the city reaches 6 pop.

Each city costs 4 unhealth, and each pop produces .75 health, so without the help of virtues, a city must grow to 16 with 16 health from buildings to pay for itself health-wise.

I wanted to say I am having this exact problem. Needed to buy +Health buildings, was not getting any +health effect from the purchased buildings.

I noticed the problem around turn 168 and saved at turn 169. I reloaded my save from turn 156 and while I did not explicitly need health buildings that turn, I noticed when I bought a building with +1 health in one of my three cities, it did not increase my health from +3 to +4.

Attachments

• Kavitha Thakur_TURN 156.CivBESave
    558.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Kavitha Thakur_TURN 169.CivBESave
    579.1 KB · Views: 185
I'm having a similar problem, although not exactly the same.

My civ is currently extremely unhealthy, -16 at the moment. One of the Virtues I unlocked advised I'd get 0.25 health for every military unit I command. I've got about 20 units of various descriptions, so my health should improve by 5, right?

Next turn my health level drops to -17... WTF?

My civ is currently extremely unhealthy, -16 at the moment. One of the Virtues I unlocked advised I'd get 0.25 health for every military unit I command. I've got about 20 units of various descriptions, so my health should improve by 5, right?

Well what did your health change to when you picked up the Virtue?

Silly how many people are struggling with the local city health. This system was around for forever in Civ V with happiness.

Do you have a save for this?

*Mod might want to split*

I came looking to see if poeple were getting the +1H from biowells. cuz I'm not seeing an entry on the health popup where it's included.

That said, I'm pretty sure I'm getting the health from buildings, or i'd be in *real* trouble. *shrug*

I noticed the problem around turn 168 and saved at turn 169. I reloaded my save from turn 156 and while I did not explicitly need health buildings that turn, I noticed when I bought a building with +1 health in one of my three cities, it did not increase my health from +3 to +4.

Realized this was caused by lack of population. As noted in another thread, the city can only give +health up to the cities population value. Has been working fine as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom