Help , crash after crash

joe33

Chieftain
Ok I just this week brought both DLC's after not having played civ 6 for a long while, I brought base game day it came out. Any way looking forward to diving back in......but I have had crash after crash all week in both DX11 and DX12. Have tried dropping graphics down, and playing not full screen. Deleted it and reinstalled on another drive.

Verified files etc, done everything that most people would mention short of reinstalling windows itself.But it keeps crashing, many times right from 1st turn. No idea what the problem is. I have included I hope right files to look at my system.

I have a good card, but maybe pc is getting old. I can run Warhammer 2 on ultra mostly with large numbers of units fairly fine so not sure. Any help would be most welcome.

Attachments

• DxDiag.zip
    101.9 KB · Views: 142
Bugger so no one can help then ?. Seems I am stuck with a game that will quite simply now not play. Will just leave it and have to accept its one of them things. £100 or so wasted with DLC's it seems.

What symptoms do you observe before the crash (e.g., video stuttering, animation pauses, audio cutting out, etc.)? Any error messages?

I always have crashes and graphic glitches if I play on map largest then 120x120, now I playing 120x120 and dont have crashes and graphic glitches. Hope this will help you. After Rise and fall I cannot play maps largest then 120x120.

Just come back from a 2 week training course and it is still crashing. Really annoying now and its to late to get refund so im stuck. Don't have any mods on, will try to drop map size. I have dropped most graphics and that aint helped at all.

Ok had a break through thanks to @bolesting@, dropped map size and...……...been playing last few hours with no problems. Bit annoyed as I love the ultra sizes, but its still very big and now is working with out crashes.....phew.

This one of many different errors after crashing...

Attachments

• crash civ 6 gasthering storm.jpg
    crash civ 6 gasthering storm.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 274
@Daniel Mercado. Thanks for posting the error message. It indicates that a problem is being caused by the file tcpip.sys, which is involved with your networking subsystem. You should update or replace this file, since it may be corrupted. For information about how to do so Google KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED tcpip.sys., However, since you receive multiple errors the problem may be hardware-related. I'd try this (assuming you have a desktop): Open your case and use a can of compressed air to blow out any dust. Make sure that all fans are spinning freely. Reseat all cards, memory chips and cables.

Hope this helps. If not, please post any other error messages.

@Daniel Mercado. Thanks for posting the error message. It indicates that a problem is being caused by the file tcpip.sys, which is involved with your networking subsystem. You should update or replace this file, since it may be corrupted. For information about how to do so Google KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED tcpip.sys., However, since you receive multiple errors the problem may be hardware-related. I'd try this (assuming you have a desktop): Open your case and use a can of compressed air to blow out any dust. Make sure that all fans are spinning freely. Reseat all cards, memory chips and cables.

Hope this helps. If not, please post any other error messages.
Had lots of KMode and other crashes not in game but on starting my computer, it appears to be one of my Ram sticks was the cause. Has not yet crashed since I removed it, was fortunate I had two 16 gig sticks.

Top Bottom