1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Help , crash after crash

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by joe33, Feb 21, 2019.

1. joe33

joe33 Chieftain

Ok I just this week brought both DLC's after not having played civ 6 for a long while, I brought base game day it came out. Any way looking forward to diving back in......but I have had crash after crash all week in both DX11 and DX12. Have tried dropping graphics down, and playing not full screen. Deleted it and reinstalled on another drive.

Verified files etc, done everything that most people would mention short of reinstalling windows itself.But it keeps crashing, many times right from 1st turn. No idea what the problem is. I have included I hope right files to look at my system.

I have a good card, but maybe pc is getting old. I can run Warhammer 2 on ultra mostly with large numbers of units fairly fine so not sure. Any help would be most welcome.

Attached Files:

2. joe33

joe33 Chieftain

Bugger so no one can help then ?. Seems I am stuck with a game that will quite simply now not play. Will just leave it and have to accept its one of them things. £100 or so wasted with DLC's it seems.

3. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

I didn't look too deeply at your logs, but what happens if you disable all mods?

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

What symptoms do you observe before the crash (e.g., video stuttering, animation pauses, audio cutting out, etc.)? Any error messages?

5. @bolesting@

@bolesting@ Chieftain

I always have crashes and graphic glitches if I play on map largest then 120x120, now I playing 120x120 and dont have crashes and graphic glitches. Hope this will help you. After Rise and fall I cannot play maps largest then 120x120.

joe33 likes this.
  6. joe33

joe33 Chieftain

Just come back from a 2 week training course and it is still crashing. Really annoying now and its to late to get refund so im stuck. Don't have any mods on, will try to drop map size. I have dropped most graphics and that aint helped at all.

7. @bolesting@

@bolesting@ Chieftain

What is the size of the map that you play?

8. joe33

joe33 Chieftain

Ok had a break through thanks to @bolesting@, dropped map size and...……...been playing last few hours with no problems. Bit annoyed as I love the ultra sizes, but its still very big and now is working with out crashes.....phew.

9. Todd Cassity

Todd Cassity Chieftain

I play on small and still get crash after crash. Anyone got any suggestions?

10. Daniel Mercado

Daniel Mercado Chieftain

This one of many different errors after crashing...

Attached Files:

11. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

@Daniel Mercado. Thanks for posting the error message. It indicates that a problem is being caused by the file tcpip.sys, which is involved with your networking subsystem. You should update or replace this file, since it may be corrupted. For information about how to do so Google KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED tcpip.sys., However, since you receive multiple errors the problem may be hardware-related. I'd try this (assuming you have a desktop): Open your case and use a can of compressed air to blow out any dust. Make sure that all fans are spinning freely. Reseat all cards, memory chips and cables.

Hope this helps. If not, please post any other error messages.

12. ghost88

ghost88 Warlord

Had lots of KMode and other crashes not in game but on starting my computer, it appears to be one of my Ram sticks was the cause. Has not yet crashed since I removed it, was fortunate I had two 16 gig sticks.