Help me with blasphemy

Tamir Lenk

Chieftain
In all the many games I've played, I've never seen an opportunity to build Saladin's holy building. He complains about my sinful ways, and he wants me to adopt his building. What gives?

Moderator Action: [Please help us maintain a family friendly forum by not using bad language. Changed your post to comply with the rules without changing its meaning. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
You got to earn his religion. The secret is to take his cities, so you can spread it to yourself.

If you capture a Holy city, does the religion and its benefits become yours?
Nope, but you can at least spread to your cities for the building. I was mostly being sarcastic

I actually think some of the Civ's main agenda's are just too hardcore. Like Saladin gets mad at you for not having his religion? Isn't that a bit extreme. Barbarossa losses his horsehocky when you send envoys to city-states and China just cannot deal with the idea of you building a wonder.

Never fails: as soon as I found a religion Mvemba comes up and badgers me about how I haven't spread it to him yet. Sometimes in *the middle of my turn* while I'm busy trying to do other things. Just hang on, dude. I haven't even spread it to myself yet. It's turn 80. There's plenty of time. You're not going anywhere.

I actually think some of the Civ's main agenda's are just too hardcore. Like Saladin gets mad at you for not having his religion? Isn't that a bit extreme. Barbarossa losses his **** when you send envoys to city-states and China just cannot deal with the idea of you building a wonder.
China and Sparta appear the most petulant to me when I play against them. China is a wonder hog, as Tdot1 says, and Gorgo spazzes out if you haven't been at war for five turns.
It's funny when you play against Germany and Rome (or Russia) in the same game, you are in one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations in relation to City States. Germany hates them, the other two want to cuddle them. Oh well, it makes life interesting.

Brasil gets on my nerves with his whining about great people.

Kindda silly that these sort of agendas are a bigger issue on lower difficulty setting cause they can't keep up.

I actually think some of the Civ's main agenda's are just too hardcore. Like Saladin gets mad at you for not having his religion? Isn't that a bit extreme. Barbarossa losses his **** when you send envoys to city-states and China just cannot deal with the idea of you building a wonder.

Saladin's blasphemy complaint is not that you lack his religion but that you haven't produced his religious building. His trait says that any player can build Saladin's religious building for cheap. But I have never seen that option, even after confirming that Saladin indeed has selected a building belief for his religion and that my city has a temple (prereq for religious buildings).

Saladin's blasphemy complaint is not that you lack his religion but that you haven't produced his religious building. His trait says that any player can build Saladin's religious building for cheap. But I have never seen that option, even after confirming that Saladin indeed has selected a building belief for his religion and that my city has a temple (prereq for religious buildings).

You have to have Saladin's religion in that city. It mainly means that not only Saladin's cities with his religion can buy the building cheap, but that in any city with that religion in any civ the building can be bought cheap.

Like when France hates you for being weak in espionage millennia before you can build a spy?

I've found that the answer to this one, the prehistoric version of espionage, is to send delegations. France will like you if you've sent delegations to everybody you've met (or a lot of them, I'm not sure where the trigger is).

I've found that the answer to this one, the prehistoric version of espionage, is to send delegations. France will like you if you've sent delegations to everybody you've met (or a lot of them, I'm not sure where the trigger is).
Yes, it is a bit unclear here what her agenda is. Apparently she likes it, if you have a good diplomatic visibility. This is done via delegations first and later via spies and embassies. Even trade routes can help.

And for op: yes, you'll have to have Saladin convert a city of yours and then build the building there. Afterwards he is really pleased, even if it is just one city. I'm not sure how many you need to keep him in that good mood if you have a very large empire though. It's fun if you are Kongo and India - otherwise you have to decide if you want him to be neutral or allied (or you don't care about diplomacy at all and he'll hate you).

Also, international trade routes give more levels of access. Same by researching Printing. This should suffice (if you really care about AI agendas).

It's funny when you play against Germany and Rome (or Russia) in the same game, you are in one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations in relation to City States. Germany hates them, the other two want to cuddle them. Oh well, it makes life interesting.

Are you certain it wasn't a hidden agenda? IIRC, Trajan's agenda was related to territorial expansion, while Peter's was being ahead of him in Science and Culture (so that he can leech off you with his ability).

Saladin getting mad at you is actually not that weird. I don't want to turn this into a debate on religion, but the Islam tends to really dislike everyone who's not Islamic. To varying degrees depending on who you look at, but it has always been the most expansion focused religion in the world, probably only rivalled by christianity in the age of exploration.

Moderator Action: Please keep your comments about religion focused on how it works in game play, it has no relation to what happens in the real world.leif

Like when France hates you for being weak in espionage millennia before you can build a spy?

Send envoys to everyone as soon as you meet them and you have an automatic friend in France.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was playing as france the other day, when I met Egypt on about turn 7 her hidden agenda was about liking people with a strong air force. Clearly the UFO's did land in ancient Egypt

My pet hate is Monty. He loves me because I have the same luxuries but the moment I get some tobacco he wants me dead. Smoking clearly can kill you.

I was playing as france the other day, when I met Egypt on about turn 7 her hidden agenda was about liking people with a strong air force. Clearly the UFO's did land in ancient Egypt.

Shouldn't those agenda's be relative to their own? So this agenda basically not existing until either of you discovered Flight?

As france I could see her hidden agenda. She never mentioned me not having wings made of wax so I guess it was not active until later.... Or maybe she did not want to mention it as she had no idea what an air force was.

Top Bottom