HELP NEEDED PLZ! (Multiplater related)

arucard

Chieftain
Hey, my friend and I used to play civilization 3 online no problem at all, but now everything seems to be against us...

We cannot connect to eachother, and always get the "Make sure host is not behind a firewall etc..." message when we try to connect. I can join his games fine, but we just can't get past the staging window! Both of us are still using the same computers as before, with the same OS's.

Another problem, which is probably related, is that when I make games, they do not show up on the list for everyone to see. I know this, because my friend can't find my games even if he refreshes, and nobody else ever tries joining like they do when he makes an open game.

We have tried forwarding all the proper ports, direct ip connection, everything... Nothing seems to work. We even messed around with turning off our firewalls and such but nothing helps.

The weirdest thing about it is, ONE magical fluke of a time, we managed to connect; and the game played fine once we were in! We didn't change any of our settings, and we've never been able to connect to eachother since.

We have been trying for over a month now, please somebody help! :(

Is play live dead? I play on a Lan and it has not yet had a problem other than a rare out of sync when I stack attack with several stacks at once while someone else is in diplomacy (Simultanious turn diplomacy is buggy)

I guess if it worked once it is possible, but I'm sorry I can't help with a soulution.

I think general internet play is dead for civ III. You can create a game for you're LAN or a direct IP connection though and that works fine.

Even if it does work its not too likely there are any other games unless you plan one.

often, problem is from static ip that changes every month or so
-open CMD and type "ipconfig"
-Then u get something like 192.168.1.###
-So in router page where u open ports, change ur static ip adress at the left(ir right depending on service)

BTW online service is FINE
I play there all the time im bored. And there is ladder site
www.civplayers.com
And open up gamespy arcade and u be surprised how many ppl are online but arent playing and waiting for password protected ladder games. Most ppl europeans tho.

hope this helps

Top Bottom