Help on Noble game

@CN, tech cannons, start whipping them every other turn. After that, whip some more rifles every other turn and once your stack is ready, kill off Toku. Once Toku is done, start killing off Catherine. Your economy will go in the dumps, but it will recover as soon as you get all those cities and make peace. Also, get that 2000ish gold off of Mansa Musa for Lib and Astro before declaring. You should easily roll over Catherine with cannons and rifles really. After that, it becomes straight forward. I couldn't be arsed to finish it off though.

But I have 24 cities, Toku is left with 2 that are far away and I have taken Catherines capital and 7 of her cities in total.

@CN, tech cannons, start whipping them every other turn. After that, whip some more rifles every other turn and once your stack is ready, kill off Toku. Once Toku is done, start killing off Catherine. Your economy will go in the dumps, but it will recover as soon as you get all those cities and make peace. Also, get that 2000ish gold off of Mansa Musa for Lib and Astro before declaring. You should easily roll over Catherine with cannons and rifles really. After that, it becomes straight forward. I couldn't be arsed to finish it off though.

But I have 24 cities, Toku is left with 2 that are far away and I have taken Catherines capital and 7 of her cities in total.

tech cannon? ew, i don't want to get my clothes dirty, try again

maybe i shoud use u as a canun fodder?

joks aside, caherun haz 3 vassals or somthing of that surt, u think jut cannons and riflemen will do it???

I basically killed off her first vassal, took her best cities and still had three stacks that are all on their way to different cities to kill her off completely. You know something interesting, I won my first deity game using Cuirs and Cannons. I started off fighting easy units, but Cuirs and Cannons combined were killing infantry (albeit barely)! What do you think Rifles (who kill Cuirs btw) with cannons will do against longbows and maces?

Switch into police state and slavery. Whip every other turn. Upgrade your current longbows to rifles and kick ass :) You know this summer, I was struggling at noble just like you, but if you listen to what others say, you'll move ahead quickly. :)

Let's say, get 25 cannons first along with 10 rifles before declaring. BUT keep whipping rifles every two turns so that they can come to join your stack as it blows through the AI. Also, get a barracks and granary in every city before you build units ;)

Played up to when I could start researching Lib (although I was far enough ahead in tech at that point that I could wait a long time to make use of the free tech). Realized early on that nobody was going to attack me and that it was more of a pain to attack other people than I was willing to experience, so I used my first few Warriors to stand sentry in the western half of The Netherlands and focused on building Settlers and The Oracle. Snagged Metal Casting with that, and traded it away for a few key techs. That was the end of tech trading, because nobody else ever had anything to offer. Elected to go ahead and build The Pyramids, but more importantly, also the Great Lighthouse and The Colossus. Lots of commerce from those two wonders, considering I only have two cities not connected to the coast. Aside from that, just a lot of building of Granaries and the like. Got a Great Prophet from The Oracle (awww), and just bulbed Theo with him. I didn't play this optimally, as I left out scouting out sea trade routes until way too late (missed many turns of doubled city commerce). Countless other little problems too. Also worth noting that I built my cities in two major waves, rather than all at once. Kept maintenance costs nice and low. If I were to continue playing this game, it would be to finish Steel and then conquer the world or else to wait for Space Race for the hell of continuing with pacifism.

Attachments

• Libadanda AD-0860.CivBeyondSwordSave
    221.7 KB · Views: 34
hi libanda
try looking into nobles club ...
(link in my signature)

it enables you to play same map as other people, so you can watch what they do here in forum and learn from them

sometimes applying the tips from here won't get you the best results

Thanks for the tip. that does sounds like a good idea to improve my gameplay.
I will check it out ;)

Top Bottom