HELP - problems after reloading

bigwave

Chieftain
Hi all - I recently reloaded CIV 4 (complete) to my WIN10 PC after a long hiatus, and there seems to be a couple problems. One may totally be me mis-remembering something, but another seems to be a basic (but key) game problem. Any help would be appreciated.

First, the probably me problem : I remember being able to draw on the map - outline city plots, note other things, etc. I can't find that function now. Like I said, it's probably me, but ...

Secondly, there don't seem to be any barbarians. And yes, I have made sure the "No Barbarians" option is NOT checked. I've tried starting a few games and have gone many many turns without seeing a single warrior. Opening up the World Builder, there aren't any barbarian villages anywhere.

I already tried re-installing the game twice, made sure I have the most current version (3.19), etc. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

For the first problem, IIRC, Ctrl+s to write notes on tiles, Ctrl+x to put down BFC outlines. I've no idea if either option is in the base game or if they're BUG/BULL features, however (notes are in the base game for sure, they're used to record yield changes caused by random events, but I'm not sure if being able to use them yourself is a feature of the base game).

For the second problem, exactly how many turns do you wait for human barbarians to spawn, and how much room do you give them to spawn? If you're setting maps on a very low difficulty it could take a very long time for human barbarians to spawn, so much so that you could feasibly fogbust your entire area and never see a human barbarian.

Ctrl-x is a BUG feature.

For just drawing lines on the map, the option is viewable in the globe view. Click on the globe button in the bottom right, and then one of the buttons to the left changes to a button for lines. Forget what it is called at the moment, but should be easy to find.

Top Bottom