Help save a civ modder from a fatal error!

Centaur

Warlord
this has happened to me at least five times since I started modding civ3, I open civ3conquestsEdit and begin making a mod/scenario (I also have a folder containing all teh graphics and things for the mod). Everything is coming along great, I am testing the mod after every series of changes to fine-tune it. About a month or son into it, I pull up the mod in civ3conquests to test it and I get the genaric "this progam has encountered an error and needs to close...sorry for inconveniance...blah, blah, blah" I have [civ3] [ptw] [c3c] , got them alltogether in one package, but not civ3 complete. I also have conquests 1.00 instead of 1.22 because after patching, the program doesn't recognize the cd:mad: .

I fthis problem has no solution I won't :suicide: , you just won't see me on the civ3 forums again, so if you want me to continue civ3 modding I need a solution to this problem, If not, you probably won't see me on the forums again. (and I understand perfectly if you don't care at all, i've just about given up)

Perhaps your PC is burning out? Do you run many programmes at one time?

Or it could be a virus? :) Have you scanned the folders?

(And that last part was lovely. "Fix my problem that you didn't cause or i'm leaving"... :p )

It looks like the error i got when trying to start the game after i reinstalled windows. Reinstalling everything worked for me. And (assuming the cd is fine) if it doesn't recognize the cd anymore when you startup ... well let's just say the solution is sorta obvious - it's so obvious that the forum explicitly forbids talking about it. :mischief:

no, conquests doesn't need the cd when I install it from the disc, no modification or hacking involved, and I have experianced this problem after several hard drive wipes and an os upgrade

Top Bottom