1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Direct 2 Drive

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by YohanLeafheart, Sep 17, 2010.

1. YohanLeafheart

YohanLeafheart Warlord

So hey everyone, I'm on the process of pre-ordering CIV 5, and of course I wanted to get the deal at D2D. For some reason they do not sell to my country (Brazil), only steam does. They do this check through IP, so anyone think using a proxy would work? Would I get in any problems by doing so, you think?

2. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I didn't think of that...

It may cause problems, but it still runs the game through Steam, so I wouldn't have a clue.

3. YohanLeafheart

YohanLeafheart Warlord

In my case, even if I have to wait the two extra days to play the game because of Steam not allowing me in until the 23rd (worldwide release), I don't mind at all. I really just wanted the pack.

4. Alsark

Alsark Noble

Theoretically it could work if you find a really good proxy server, but I don't know that I'd chance it. All of your information would be going through somebody else's server. Chances are nothing would happen, but if the server owner really wanted to they could access all of your info (I'm sure they could decrypt it).

5. SuicideMW

SuicideMW Chieftain

Then the problem becomes how you're going to pay.