Help

Gem Hound

Deity
What scenarios or random maps load? I've been trying to start a game for the last 5 hours and haven't played one yet due to Python Exceptions and random boots... Help?

I only want to at least get in and play a couple turns. >_<

I'm getting ready to ragequit and go back to RFC even though this is exactly what I wanted. :(
I actually got into a game this time but got kicked out before 8000 BC... :(

Never mind. I think I found my answer. If not, I'll be back.
14.) No Interface problem with Civ4 Complete?
If you have Civ4 Complete you need to open the RoM folder and look at: RoM readme, it somewhat explains what to do incase of missing interface.
Can't even find it... Just spent a while digging through the mod directory... Nothing like that that I could find...
Never mind. Found it after looking through everything.
Followed the instructions and hope it works((fingers crossed))

What exactly are you trying to do and what happens at what point with what error message or anything?

Well, I actually got the the ancient Era this time, crossing my fingers hoping it works. I was trying the scenarios and some types of maps. on this tectonics one however, I've been thrown into the antarctic and somehow managed to be first.

But, anyways, A windows error message was popping up every time I tried to create or load a map and one time even kicked me for selected the Celtic civ at the selection screen before I even got into the game.

I am not sure if there are scenarios that are compatible at the moment.
The map scripts that start with C2C should work (I recommend the PerfectMongoose script).
For the V18 version I recommend installing the patch files as there was some overspawning (which could in the long run also cause a crash).

Check the errors/crashes thread for some examples how to best report problems.

Hi,

just started a game with this awesome :goodjob: mod and after checking the tech tree, sure I must have done something wrong. It ends at "Analyze Strings" ?? Any help on how I can see/research the future techs?

analyze strings is a rename for future tech.

some scenarios work. in v18, i played Narnia, both standard and random resource placement, and the GEM.

analyze strings is a rename for future tech.

some scenarios work. in v18, i played Narnia, both standard and random resource placement, and the GEM.

Thanks for the answer :). But how do I research for example stuff like "Quantum Teleportation" (which is part of the tech tree in the main C2C thread)? Or is anything beyond modern times not available at all in a "normal" game?

Thanks for the answer :). But how do I research for example stuff like "Quantum Teleportation" (which is part of the tech tree in the main C2C thread)? Or is anything beyond modern times not available at all in a "normal" game?

Uhhm, it looks like the hidden nofuturetech tag was tripped somehow:confused:. I thought that that had been fixed, but I must be wrong. Anyhow, that's bad. That tag shouldn't be altered.

This time, I founded Hinduism((Among other religions)) and Hinduism was founded in Utica, it zoomed in and the screen went black and I got booted for no reason.

This was the farthest I got into this game yet before I got kicked.

This time, I founded Hinduism((Among other religions)) and Hinduism was founded in Utica, it zoomed in and the screen went black and I got booted for no reason.

This was the farthest I got into this game yet before I got kicked.

Try turning off movies. Since it was trying to play the found Hinduism movie when it crashed.

Try turning off movies. Since it was trying to play the found Hinduism movie when it crashed.
I founded 8 or so other religions before that and their videos appeared normally. Also, the Hinduism video works everywhere else, why not here?

I founded 8 or so other religions before that and their videos appeared normally. Also, the Hinduism video works everywhere else, why not here?
The main question is: Is it reproducable? Meaning if you load the savegame of the turn before it happens, does it happen again?
Whenever you find a crash that is reproducable, post a savegame and we will look into it and hopefully it crashes on our PC as well as that means we can look into it with a debug DLL which tells us where exactly in the code it crashes.
The more of those bugs are eliminated, the better :)

The main question is: Is it reproducable? Meaning if you load the savegame of the turn before it happens, does it happen again?
Whenever you find a crash that is reproducable, post a savegame and we will look into it and hopefully it crashes on our PC as well as that means we can look into it with a debug DLL which tells us where exactly in the code it crashes.
The more of those bugs are eliminated, the better :)
I'll see if I can find it. :) Might not even reload.

I'll see if I can find it. :) Might not even reload.

Make sure to always post saves in max compatability format BTW, so if this is an auto-save load it up and resave in that format before posting.

Make sure to always post saves in max compatability format BTW, so if this is an auto-save load it up and resave in that format before posting.
I have been and it didn't load so I started a new game.

This may be a silly question... but are you using a recent version of the unoffical patch? If you aren't that may be the issue.

This may be a silly question... but are you using a recent version of the unoffical patch? If you aren't that may be the issue.
No. I only downloaded the version at the top of the page. Version 18 I think.

No I meant the unoffical patch for Civ 4: BTS... Look at the menu bar that starts with Gome and goes to Logout. Click on Downloads. Then Civ IV Downloads. Then Civ IV patches and downloads.

If you don't have the patch (I'm using 3.17 unoffical, last I checked, myself with little issue) you can run into random errors as the mod calls on things that don't do what it thinks they will and such. I remember doing this in v10 and it made many of my issues disappear. While v18 is far, far, far more stable, the are using that patch as a required thing last I checked.

Top Bottom