Hero Units

I have updated the List as Follows:

Quendi: Noldor: House of Fëanor:

Hero: Celebrimbor (So that every Civ has 1 Hero. Until such time as we sork out the "Sons of Fëanor issue).

Haradrim:

Hero: Castamir. He led the Corsairs against Gondor.

Khazad: Broadbeams & Firebeards:

Hero: Gamil Zirak. He was the Master of Telchar in the Ways of the Forge.

All Civs now have 1 Hero.

Looks good.
One comment. I wouldn't use Lurtz as a Hero for Isengard, as he was only in the movie (and his name wasn't even mentioned in it). I would prefer Grima Wormtongue (with some sneak promotions) instead.

I would prefer Grima to have a different type of hero, but Uglúk works as well. I almost forgot about that poor fellow :)

Unless we change up an try to add more Heroes later and unless there are any objections towards Celebrimbor being a Hero (baring the "Sons of Feanor" situation workering out), can we call this list Finalized?

Also, should we use Glaurung (Dragon) or Gothmog (Balrog) as the Hero for Angband?

Do we really have to have one hero per civ? I can think of four Edain that deserve just as much a place as Beren: Húrin, Huor, Túrin, and Tuor.
Or will there be other heroes as well that aren't attached to specific civs?

Melian needs to be if anything a Sindar hero(ine). She had absolutely nothing to do with the seafaring Teleri, and everything to do with the forest-dwelling Sindar.

Good Catch T_F, I missplaced Melian, sorry about that. I'll fix that now.

I think we are going with 1 Hero now, to make it easier, but we deffiantely are going to include more in the 2nd release.

EDIT: I replaced the Teleri Hero with Eärendil (The Mariner). I hope that is alright.

Hmmm... Eärendil was a Man, so IDK how appropriate that is. It's OK if we can't find anyone else, but not ideal.

Círdan isn't a leader, right? He would work OK, though IDK how much actual fighting he did.

I like the list as it is now. Earendil is very important but maybe we can use him in an event or feature or something later on. We actually discussed using more heroes or make the heroes dependant on the leader you play. But to make sure we have a short time to our first release I really think limiting it to one per civ, maybe two for an occasional civ to make it more unique if we can balance it. We can always add more later and rebalance.

Finalized for the 1st release for me.

Finalized for first, yes. We definitely need to add more to it later.

Top Bottom