1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] hey buddies 'Work ethic bug fix' mod is developed

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Namhyeok, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Namhyeok

Namhyeok Chieftain

2. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

3. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

And this does... what? Even with a translation, it's not clear what "bug" this fixes.

4. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

The work ethic bug means your Holy Sites stop benefiting from Work Ethic when pillaged and this persists even when repaired, it's been a real annoyance for some months now. I haven't tested this but if it fixes it that is awesome!

AntSou and canadamufc like this.
  5. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Reworked ethic work belief does not work after repairing a Lavra?!

The mod basically changes the CollectionType from "COLLECTION_OWNER" to "COLLECTION_CITY_DISTRICTS" and the RequirementType from "REQUIREMENT_DISTRICT_TYPE_MATCHES" to "REQUIREMENT_PLOT_DISTRICT_TYPE_MATCHES".

It seems to work just fine and corrects the problem from my testing. Well done @Namhyeok ! :thumbsup: (If you are the mod author 태연 on Steam)

I think you could also simplify the mod to the following and achieve the same result:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO Types
           (Type,                 Kind)
    VALUES ('DYNMOD_WORK_ETHIC',  'KIND_MODIFIER');

INSERT INTO DynamicModifiers
           (ModifierType,          CollectionType,              EffectType)
    VALUES ('DYNMOD_WORK_ETHIC',  'COLLECTION_CITY_DISTRICTS',  'EFFECT_ADJUST_DISTRICT_YIELD_BASED_ON_ADJACENCY_BONUS');

UPDATE Modifiers SET ModifierType = 'DYNMOD_WORK_ETHIC', SubjectRequirementSetId = 'BWE_OBJECT_IS_HOLY_SITE'
    WHERE ModifierId = 'WORK_ETHIC_ADJACENCY_PRODUCTION_MODIFIER';

INSERT INTO RequirementSets
           (RequirementSetId,           RequirementSetType)
    VALUES ('BWE_OBJECT_IS_HOLY_SITE',  'REQUIREMENTSET_TEST_ALL');

INSERT INTO RequirementSetRequirements
           (RequirementSetId,          RequirementId)
    VALUES ('BWE_OBJECT_IS_HOLY_SITE', 'REQUIRES_PLOT_HAS_HOLY_SITE');
    There's no need to account for UDs anymore (e.g. Lavra) as the game has done that automatically for some time now.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  6. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

Wait, the fix is just swapping like a few .xml tags around? How is this taking Firaxis multiple patch cycles to deal with? :confused:

the_sun and Banazir864 like this.
  7. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

It’s likely they are trying to fix what is breaking it under the hood. Only they can fix what causes certain modifiers to break in district pillage.

I was thinking last week “I wonder if work ethic could use this other modifier type to give the same result” and this mod author seems to have taken that line of thinking. (There are other effects in the game that grant bonus yield based on adjacency that don’t break on pillage. See: golden age effects.)

8. cain3456

cain3456 Prince

Just like the forest fire bug, someone put in a patch that was just a few lines of code and Firaxis still hasn't gotten around to it yet. And remember how long it took to fix the stealing Great Works bug.

9. Noble Zarkon

Well this fixes the result of the issue, which is great, but does nothing to address the underlying cause which is what Firaxis will be working on.

pokiehl and acluewithout like this.
  10. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

I wonder if some similar trick can be done to get rid of the faith purchase bug.

Some modder in CPL seems know what is wrong and they say it's in ProductionPanel.lua. They even released a fix for those who use the Better Balanced Start mod. I wish it can be ported to benefit those who are not using BBS mod.

Here is their fix for those who are interested.

11. oedali

oedali King

I turned the mod on mid game but didn’t do anything; mode wasn’t loaded I think it may not be save game compatible meaning you have to start a new game with it like an insurance policy and not after the fact.. :(

12. Laurana Kanan

Wasn't this only a problem when continuing a save from a previous game version? I seem to remember Carl mentioning it.

13. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

It is. But some people are playing long games so it is still an issue...

14. Laurana Kanan

That's always been the case, though, going back to 2016. Updates will always have the possibility of breaking save games. It's going to be worse now, of course, with the monthly updates. I wouldn't even consider this a bug, though, as it's a problem with deprecated code. In any event, making a mod with BBS's modified ProductionPanel.lua should be pretty straightforward. Btw, does legacy access not work anymore?

15. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

It updated twice so now even legacy breaks it.