Hi! the "KeepRes=1" fix does not work for me!

DonnyGo

Chieftain
I've been hankering for some Civ 3 so I installed it today, I have the steam version.

It runs but the graphics are all squashed, clearly wrong resolution:

https://imgur.com/bGSQ4bk

I googled the problem and all I find over and over again is the "add KeepRes=1 to the conquest ini file!" fix.

I tried this and the game wont run at all with this added in the ini file. works after removing it.

Any ideas? I really wanted to play!

I found a solution for this but this site won't let me post it. Got an error message saying my post is spammy or whatever.

Sorry whoever else has the same problem, I tried. Try your luck on steam discussion.

If that Imgur screenie is complete, then it looks to me like you're trying to run the game on a screen that's too small (like on a notebook/laptop?).

All the game-interface screens (startups, advisors, city-screen, etc.) are actually pre-rendered pictures with a fixed size of 1024*768 pixels, the minimum monitor size that the game was designed to run at.

All that the "KeepRes" fix does (AFAIK), is to set the game to use a larger monitor without distortion (and/or centre the pre-rendered interface screens within a wider screenspace) -- it won't shrink the gamescreens to fit a smaller one.

If that Imgur screenie is complete, then it looks to me like you're trying to run the game on a screen that's too small (like on a notebook/laptop?).

All the game-interface screens (startups, advisors, city-screen, etc.) are actually pre-rendered pictures with a fixed size of 1024*768 pixels, the minimum monitor size that the game was designed to run at.

All that the "KeepRes" fix does (AFAIK), is to set the game to use a larger monitor without distortion (and/or centre the pre-rendered interface screens within a wider screenspace) -- it won't shrink the gamescreens to fit a smaller one.

My monitor is 21 inch.

You should play it safe and not say more things.

My monitor is 21 inch.
See, this is the kind of info you should put in your first post, instead of making a vague complaint, and then being rude when someone tries to make a helpful suggestion.

But thanks for letting me know that I can safely ignore any further problems you might have.

See, this is the kind of info you should put in your first post, instead of making a vague complaint, and then being rude when someone tries to make a helpful suggestion.

But thanks for letting me know that I can safely ignore any further problems you might have.
"@DonnyGo" left ... :think:

Top Bottom