Hints about GOTM-2

Seraphinus

Chieftain
Since we have about three weeks till new GOTM and I really need some practice but not enought time to play 1 to 2 games, I believe it would be very nice to know at least who of the leaders could be chosen for GOTM-a:cool: .

Three weeks :eek: that's long

Any chance of starting the next game before Christmas. Many people take the week off between christmas and new year (in Holland anyway).

Would be great to start the next game one week early to allow for holiday gaming :xmas:

Seraphinus and remconius : I agree with you.
I finish my GOTM few days ago and I can not wait until GOTM-2...
according to my GOTM experience, I think you will have to wait still 1of january in order to start the GOTM-02!!!!
GOTM staff have a lot of work in order to check out everyting in their process. I'm not sure everything is automate as it's for CIV3! So they have a lot of work and I think we will around 200 to submit a gotm this month!

LeSphinx

I'm not on the GOTM staff, but I am willing to give some hints.

1) We will either be playing as Mao or as someone other than Mao.
2) Our starting position will not be on a water tile.
3) There will be at least one resource within the cultural radius of our starting position (after our cultural radius expands 43 times).
4) There will be one or more AI opponents, but not more than 37 AI opponents.
5) Reloading will be prohibitted.
6) We will start with a settler.

That should tide everyone over until we get a little closer to January 1 ...

"1) We will either be playing as Mao or as someone other than Mao."

How is that a hint >.> you're saying we could be anyone...

just realized that was a joke post >.<

Jason Fliegel said:

I'll really go out on a limb and predict that we won't be Caesar :) .

I put 5 gpt on:
Standard world
Prince
Gandhi
7 AI
Normal speed

I'm wishfully guessing/thinking/suggesting that an epic game that starts in the next week or two, might be a good way to gauge how the epic speed will work out in the GOTM before it resumes to the standard four week protocol. And the early start will give those who've finished their game something to do; as well as allow those with extended holiday to take full advantage of their time off. :)

I dont think they can post a pangua map on less then monarch. It would be a joke unless the conquest options are disabled or they gave bonus units to the AI. That might work. Bonus armies to the AI with prince AI otherwise.

Has to stay watery until after prince imo or conquest is far to easy.

hate it too, and AI sometimes disrespect borders in water, and they can hit you anywhere on your land with some galleon stacked with 8 frigate cannon fodders while your destroyer is busy sinking their frigates, their galleon already earned their time to land

Jason Fliegel said:

2) Our starting position will not be on a water tile.
3) There will be at least one resource within the cultural radius of our starting position (after our cultural radius expands 43 times).
4) There will be one or more AI opponents, but not more than 37 AI opponents.
5) Reloading will be prohibitted.
6) We will start with a settler.

That should tide everyone over until we get a little closer to January 1 ...

you forgot that we would start with two techs,
we might have fresh water,(but their will be water on the map)
the mini map will float around us untill someone builds stonehinge
and that we wont be able to take the ai's tech's untill we research the alphabet

am i forgetting anything?

Top Bottom