Historical Filth- The worst place on Earth

I think living in Iraq isn't half as bad as in Somalia.
There are more dictatorships... Being a dictatorship doesn't inmediately make it the worst country in the world. Iraqi people live in relative wealth, considering the sanctions and the regime. A lot of people have a tv, and most urban and suburban areas have electricy and drinking water

Originally posted by HollandPTW
Somalia and Iraq are the worst places on earth

I am offended! I am Iraqi(living in America) and it's not bad over there! Your statement is both ignorant and discrimitory; I should slap you with a large trout right now!

I suppose this might be trolling, but I hope not.

Could you apply your analysis of the worst place on earth to just the United States of America? What is the worst place in the USofA? Candidates likely would include parts of New Jersey (Newark?), Mississippi, Death Valley (the name alone is worth a few bonus points). From a climate standpoint parts of Florida (the sauna of the everglades with the bonus of the potential for hurricanes) or Alaska (the freezer with misquitos the size of airplanes). Or generic locations, like trailer parks in the midwest that attract tornados.

Please do not offend living persons, if you post an answer. The answer Seattle because the Barron lives there will not be accepted. The criteria seem to be the quality of goverment, life expectancy, perhaps climate, and how likely you would want to live there.

You can mention the likely diet afforded by the local culture if you have to. Whale blubber, Grits, fried hog intestines, etc.

Sullla, if you want a country that's never been fully united and is rife in turmoil, you should check out India. You got the Hindus raping Christan nuns, Sikhs killing Hindus, and Muslims trying to kill Hindus. My country has never been united under democracy. The current democracy is all a sham and the BJP ruling party is a front for a fanatical group named the RSS. The only good empires in India were some of the nice Rajas, Mughal emperors, Sikh kingdom, and Kashmir. Never has the nation been fully united, we have bad economic growth because of very, very corrupt leaders. India's history is pretty bad cause no-one could keep the nation together until 1947. Even today, most of the states want to secede from the union. Oh, and if you're a good politician, you're assasinated within days of being elected. India's just a cover up for a modern day Holy Roman Empire.

Originally posted by addiv
What about North Korea?

In terms of starvation, yes. But North Korea used to be part of a unified Korea and in the Josen era, 1392-1910, the Korea flourished and became a powerful civilization with a written language and powerful and benevolant leaders. So leave that one alone.

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Homer: "USA has the best medical service in the world, well exept Japan and Taiwan, and France and Germany, well all the european countries, but think how it would be if we lived in Paraguay!" end of quote.

Actually it is Japan and Canada. ACCURACY YODA

What about Cleveland?;)

Pine Ridge, perhaps from a lifespan basis? Some of the Black Hills country is very pretty, still I suuppose Paraguay is senic too.

If you're starving, powerless, diseased and in imminent danger of being another victim of violence then the worst place on Earth would likely come to a tie between a litany of times and regions.

Nice post. Well written and pleasant to read.

I love the Black Hills Barron, and the Badlands are pretty as well, but when you think about the two side of the Badlands, one side is a desolate National Park, and the otherside is where people have to make a living, it's sad.

I wouldn't want to live on Pine Ridge for several reasons. life span, standard of living, crime rate. It's just one bad place to live.

Earthpig

Originally posted by Kafka2
I've always had a soft spot for the sheer scale and inventiveness in slaughter that the Orient produced- tales of Queens having their limbs hacked off and then being drowned in barrels of wine are music to my ears. One day their time will come...

Kafka2: Check out what the English did to Edward II (available in any medieval British history book). Synopsis: his wife and her lover captured him and imprisoned him in a tower. Then, because they didn't wish to "leave a mark on his body," and poison was too obvious, they rammed a thin pipe up his anus, and shoved red hot pokers into the pipe. He was literally burned from the inside out. His screams were heard for miles around.....

I still think Antarctica is the worst place. Aside from a few stations here and there, the entire continent is in constant anarchy!

Originally posted by wildWolverine

Kafka2: Check out what the English did to Edward II (available in any medieval British history book). Synopsis: his wife and her lover captured him and imprisoned him in a tower. Then, because they didn't wish to "leave a mark on his body," and poison was too obvious, they rammed a thin pipe up his anus, and shoved red hot pokers into the pipe. He was literally burned from the inside out. His screams were heard for miles around.....

That happened just a few miles up the road from me. Eddie proved incredibly difficult to kill- they'd already tried a combination of starvation and poison.

Top Bottom