Historical Filth- The worst place on Earth

I hope this isn't an unwarranted bump, but there was a time when, for about a century and a half, Paraguay was actually one of the *best* countries in the world. In fact, it was, apparently, the first fully literate society in history. And it was all thanks to those surprisingly enlightened Jesuits. It's a very little-known period, which makes it hard to find information to link to, but have a look at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/6497/jesuits.html

I can't believe this ... after reading about what happened to the CPGS ... I laughed.

Must be from hating commies so much, but still. :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Zcylen
I think some afrika countries, they're very poor and no one helps them.
also India, I wouldnt be comfortable there

Ballazic said:
Not true. We send billions of taxpayers money to these nations.
We send hundreds of are youth to help them. Not help them oh ya right. Sorry sorry sorry maybe your on another planet well this EARTH!
:eek:
So, the third world courtries would have despoiled the western ones for ages. Thus, explaining that the first ones are now developped, and the second ones undeveloped. How strange, i thought it was the contrary that was true. Maybe I'm also on another planet. :(

I hope this isn't an unwarranted bump, but there was a time when, for about a century and a half, Paraguay was actually one of the *best* countries in the world. In fact, it was, apparently, the first fully literate society in history. And it was all thanks to those surprisingly enlightened Jesuits. It's a very little-known period, which makes it hard to find information to link to, but have a look at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/6497/jesuits.html

I believe you are referring to the Jesuit Reductions (which were a consequence of what was basically an attempt to establish a Christian Indian nation in south America), which were a thing in Paraguay during the Spanish colonial period until the Jesuits got the short-shift for being too successful and influential in 1767. That said the opening poster is quite correct in asserting that the place went into the gutter as soon as it broke off into independence under Francia (although on the plus-side, they are one of the worlds fastest growing economies at the moment, their economy grew by 13.6% in 2013)

That conversation was 10 years ago...

Someone linked this thread to another one I was looking at (with regards to Paraguay), and reading this I responded to the thingy without bothering to check when the statement was made :p

Anyways, carry on :lol:

In Europe Ukraine, in Africa Somalia, in Asia Syria.

You may wish to pay attention to the actual content of the thread and not just the title.

Top Bottom