1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Historical Spawn Dates

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Gedemon, Mar 2, 2013.

1. ales_

ales_ Heir

I looked at the SQL file. What about China, Egypt and Babylon? Why are they not listed there? And how have you choosed the starting dates?

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

those not listed spawn normally (4000 BC), for the others some dates are approximation, some are the recorded state creation.

3. ales_

ales_ Heir

I'd suggest the following starting dates:
    America - 1776 AD
    Arabia - 632 AD
    Aztecs - 1250 AD
    China - 2000 BC
    Egypt - 4000 BC
    England - 442 AD
    France - 481 AD
    Germany - 800 AD
    Greece - 1900 BC
    India - 1500 BC
    Iroquois - 1570 AD
    Japan - 50 AD
    Ottomans - 1299 AD
    Persia - 728 BC
    Rome - 753 BC
    Russia - 860 AD
    Siam - 1238 AD
    Songhai - 800 AD
    Mongolia - 209 BC
    Babylon - 1892 BC
    Spain - 418 AD
    Inca - 1138 AD
    Polynesia - 500 AD
    Denmark - 710 AD
    Korea - 37 BC
    Austria - 1526 AD
    Byzantium - 330 AD
    Carthage - 814 BC
    Celts - 1300 BC
    Ethiopia - 100 BC
    Huns - 370 AD
    Maya - 2000 BC
    Netherlands - 1581 AD
    Sweden - 975 AD

4. T_KCommanderbly

T_KCommanderbly Prince

Regarding the crash I was getting... it fixed itself and I have no idea how, I must of been testing it wrong so everything is working on that front :).

I have two questions...

1. Are you planning on creating it so all territory and cities that are within a certain radius of the spawn will switch? because I may try doing that but I don't know if its more painful then its worth...

2. The R.E.D Combat DLL was causing random crashes (during the auto-turns) with this *I think*. I was testing it with my own mod so this could be the problem. But I don't know if you have tried using both?

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

1/

I don't remember if it's only in my development version (new release soon), but very close CS switch (the city is changed to a settler, but it's a 2 lines change in the code to make the city change owner), and close CS does not switch (some of their territory may be made free if it's too close of the spawn point) but the new player gain 60 influence points with them.

All barbarian units in a radius switch.

I plan something more complex in the dynamic history mod (unrest in the region before the date of spawn, that can be countered if you're controlling the sector has a human and will prevent the new civilization to spawn), but that's outside the scope of this component.

CS never spawn if they are closer than 4 tiles of any civ territory. (but they could spawn later in that territory during a war with cities razing, and I like that ;) )

2/

Maybe caused by 1 unit embarking above another, could be related to the convoy bug (or not), I've experimented such crash in long game, but it's hard to track.

One of the reason R.E.D. WWII is kind of "on hold" ATM... I need to debug the DLL, but I think I'll switch to one version of it only. And as I suppose most civilization's players will use Brave New World, that's the version I will use when available. (bye bye compatibility :sad: )

Which also means I won't actively code on the actual DLL until BNW is released.

6. T_KCommanderbly

T_KCommanderbly Prince

This probably may not be the right thread to request this but can you release a seperate version which only bypasses the unit limit? I don't really understand the dll so I don't know if you can just quickly do this (or if it will take awile) or if this is related to the random crashing:). Its very much needed for the mod I've been working on.

But if you did I owe you one :goodjob:

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

8. T_KCommanderbly

T_KCommanderbly Prince

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

New version, more balance, I had a very good test game on the Large Europe map from YnAEMP :D

v.3 (May 12, 2013) :
    - Use only civilization that have settled at least one city for balance calculations
    - Add a "land culture" value for balance, given to the first city (it will grab new tiles faster the first turns)
    - Add a "population" value for balance, given to the first city (food value in that city will be 75% filled to prevent immediate loss from starvation)
    - Bugfix: don't fail at initialization when a civilization is not listed in the HSD table
    - Use in game auto-turn function instead of custom function
    - Add columns in Civilization_HistoricalSpawnDates table to set initial units for each civilizations and CS. (use fixed list if the table entry for units is empty)
    - Give all techs that are known by all settled civilization when creating first city
    - Add option (default ON) to balance per science points instead of free techs for the other known techs.
    - Add option (default ON) to balance per culture points instead of free policies (free policies are OP for late spawn civilizations)

10. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

Im playing as Sweden currently and I think I have ran into a problem. I understand the game is suppose to convert local barbarians into your units, but what about after the start of the game? I keep getting free units in my capital plus barbarians being converted. Why is that?

11. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

looks like an incompatibility with another mod, can you list them ?

(seems that the mod has not register than your civ was "awake" and call the initialization code every turn)

12. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

RFE Colonies
    RFE Gameplay Enhanced
    Revolutions Pack
    Emigration
    Era Settlers
    HSD
    in game editor
    RED Modpack
    Slower research
    34 civ dll
    Your map pack

13. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

14. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

There you are

Attached Files:

• Lua.txt
      File size:
      218.9 KB
      Views:
  15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thanks !

What kind of free units do you get each turn ? (not the barbarians, the one around your starting position)

And how many of each ?

16. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

Free units I got in my capital included workers, settlers, scouts, and warriors. Maybe spearmen as well.

17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Ok, I'm going to test a quickfix and post it ASAP for testing. I see where the problem is, but I don't understand why it hasn't happened during my own tests... (and the 2 full games I have done with the mod)

18. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

This is the first time I have noticed it, kinda weird myself. Maybe one of those if the stars are aligned type of bugs? haha.

Will thequickfix work if I load up right before I spawn or are the other civs already in play being affected as well?

19. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I don't know, if a spawned civilization has tons of cities, then yes it was affected too (but as you're using revolution, the result may be... interesting)

OK, extract the HSD_Functions.lua file from the attached 7zip archive in your "\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Historical Spawn Dates (v 3)\Lua" folder, replacing the existing files and try again from the turn before your spawn. I'd like to see the resulting log again if possible (even if the problem was fixed)

Attached Files:

20. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

This time it spawned LOTS of units right off the back. Easily 20-25.

Dont mind the crash at the end, I was messing around in the in game editor.

Attached Files:

• Lua.rar
      File size:
      41.7 KB
      Views: