Historical Spawn Dates

mostly barbarians ?

and no more spawn the next turn(s) ?

I'm gonna be honest, I have a bad ass cold right now. Let me check it out again real quick. I have to load from 400 AD (even tho Sweden spawns in at 450).

no hurry... Just report when you can.

And thanks already for the help with this bug.

No problem fixing one of the only reasons I play this game ;).

And it did the same thing, converted a huge radius of barbarians (Entire finland/swedish island) parts of russia, and parts of northern europe).

The 2nd turn it did nothing though. No more conversions, no more free units in capital. Why is converting such a large area though?

It's working as intended, the later you start, the larger the radius.

see HSD_Defines.lua and lower the CONVERT_ERA_RANGE_MOD and CONVERT_BARBARIAN_RANGE values if you want a lower range.

I don't think you quite understand, I've done the same scenario and it never gave me that many units. I'm talking like 30 units.

it give you all barbarian unit in range, if there are 200 it give you 200, if there are 2 it give you 2.

Also, I am noticing that some city states are still spawning even though I had the slider set to zero AND their spawn set to like 40,000 ad. Is that apart of the revolutions mod or something?

Yes, CS can be spawned by Revolutions.

Gotcha, is a certain CS tied to a certain civilization? Based on historical accuracy or is it random?

Also, turning off tile conquest GREATLY increases the speed of turns. I saw that post in one of your threads and wanted to confirm it haha.

Yes, it's 5x faster, I'll post the fix this WE.

CS are random ATM. they'll be renamed to match the civ that spawn them.

How did your dates line up without using the slower research mod (which I assume you don't)?

Mine seem kinda late now (which is odd for CiV), only 3 civs are in the renassiance (butchered word, I know) atm and its 1550.

Yes, a mod like Tech Diffusion should be used, and maybe buffed.

Whenever I tried using tech diffusion, it didn't work well with the mod. Mainly because whenever you spawned, not only did it give you the free techs that come with HSD but also with what came with tech diffusion (which ended up being a ridiculous amount).

I'm sorry, but is this mod available for play? I can't understant a thing about PC and programing and stuff but there's been a while science I don't play civIV RFC and I would like to have that experience in civilization V. I tried to download your document and open it with notepad but the caracters were strange and i Couln't understand a thing. Is there any way I can install this and play? And, perhaps, to change the starting year of civs, add civs, ...? Sorry about these questions and thanks about your awsom work.

to install simply download the file in your mods folder (should be in "\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\"), launch the game, go in the mods menu, the mod should then be extracted automatically and available.

else you can extract it using 7zip in the mod folder.

Once extracted the file containing the dates is HistoricalSpawnDates.sql (you can add new lines for new civs here)

Top Bottom