1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Historical Spawn Dates

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Unreleased Mods' started by Gedemon, Apr 17, 2017.

1. KidJesus

KidJesus Chieftain

I'll be trying this out as well; my initial setup with all 24 Civs on the Giant Earth map with TSL being forced on everyone. On the first try, Uruk was settled for Sumeria, but then it also put John Curtin and Alexander in, but with no starting cities...just a warrior.

2. KidJesus

KidJesus Chieftain

So I played some more last night, from start through to about 500 BC. Everything was working great (I got around the Australia and Macedonia issue by putting a start date for them in the SQL), until I realized Rome never spawned in. I'm going to reload to before 900 BC to see why they aren't spawning. They didn't even come up in the LUA log.

UPDATE: I was able to load up before 900 BC and this time Rome did spawn with no issues. Not sure what happened the first time.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  3. Bonci

Bonci Chieftain

Any plans on updating this? :D

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

not as an independent mod, will be a part of my main mod.

Feel free to takeover/update/release it.

5. MAHRana

MAHRana Chieftain

just tried out the mod and its really nice. Its much more balanced than I thought. do you have any ideas on workarounds when a civ's city spot is taken?

6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Not sur how I'll implement it exactly, there are different options, and it will surely depend if the new spawning civilization is human-controlled or not.

the global mechanism for my mod is discussed here:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...spawning-dates-civil-wars-revolutions.624711/

7. MAHRana

MAHRana Chieftain

Tried the game as Mongolia and started with a scout and warrior but no settler (?)
    Also, would it be possible in the script to remove the culture from all tiles around the starting area in that case, and with the new loyalty system get all nearby cities to flip/be prone to flipping?

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Removing tiles ownership can be done, but I've no idea about how to mod R&F loyalty, if possible (I don't have the expansion)

9. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

It's possible, the Firetuner exposed some Loyalty-oriented code, but from my experience they don't automatically flip to a specific, instead, you just reduce it 0 and the next turn hope they become independent.

10. MAHRana

MAHRana Chieftain

Pretty sure you can increase loyalty pressure exerted from a new civs city temporarily to get cities independent and convert them within a turn or two.