• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Hit Movies/Singles....huh?

Dr_Laxative

Chieftain
Ehh there's still something I don't understand....

What are hit movies or hit singles?

I constructed Hollywood and Rock n Roll....

So now what? how do I make or use or whatever with these hit movies/singles???

Dr_Laxative said:
Ehh there's still something I don't understand....

What are hit movies or hit singles?

I constructed Hollywood and Rock n Roll....

So now what? how do I make or use or whatever with these hit movies/singles???

I think they show up on the map like resources such as coal, iron, horses, etc.

They don't show on the map, but they are resources. Hit Singles, Broadway Musicals, and Hit Singles are all luxury resources - they just happen to be generated by wonders instead of terrain tiles.

They make your people happy. Trade them like any other luxury like gold, ivory, wine, etc.

This is in my opinion the single gayest concept Civ has ever seen. Of all the things added in Civ4, and I love 90% of them, this is probably King Goofy.

Venger

Venger said:
This is in my opinion the single gayest concept Civ has ever seen. Of all the things added in Civ4, and I love 90% of them, this is probably King Goofy.

Venger

hahah... yeah, I didnt understand the concept at first either. Seems like they couldve made other Wonders for culture that wouldnt fall into the same category as Ashlee Simpson

Hey it's a nice attempt at trying to simulate the economic impact of music and movies. I'd like to see YOUR attempt Venger :)

Somehow Ashlee Simpson isn't the first name that pops up in my mind when I think of hit singles...

Inflammatory said:
Somehow Ashlee Simpson isn't the first name that pops up in my mind when I think of hit singles...

Neither with me, but its wrong that there are millions of her records sold that would classify her as being part of modern culture, just as Jimmy Hendrix did a generation ago. Last time I was in Italy, I saw some little kids rushing out with their new Lil' Bow Wow album.

Now writing that, I reflect that maybe "Hit singles" is more representative of the music industry rather than individuals that shapes modern culture.

Venger said:

Venger

What exactly makes this concept homosexual? ;)

This is really ridiculous. Hollywood and Broadway should create happiness, not some lame luxuries. How do you trade a movie, really.

henry k c said:
This is really ridiculous. Hollywood and Broadway should create happiness, not some lame luxuries. How do you trade a movie, really.

Uhh, you sell it? I'm sure hollywood makes alot of money from foreign releases, and they pump that money back into the American economy.

I think it's funny. I traded my American hit singles for Chinese movies. I could imagine the Chinese listening to Elvis and the Americans watching bad kung fu.

This is a good idea: once you research movie pirating you can steal movies from other civs for free.

Venger said:

Venger
I don't see a strong basis for objection. It's a good representation of modern culture and modern manufactured luxuries. :)

Im sure Ill be trading Journey's Wheel in the Sky just to get rid of that piece of crap.

joequality said:
Neither with me, but its wrong that there are millions of her records sold that would classify her as being part of modern culture, just as Jimmy Hendrix did a generation ago.

Did this guy really just equate Ashlee Simpson with "Jimmy" [sic] Hendrix? Oh ye generation of vipers.

Not sure I understand the problem with "hit movies" and "hit singles." These are traded commodities not unlike, and perhaps more realistic than, ivory, gems, and all the other happiness-producing items in the game.

AlCosta15 said:
Im sure Ill be trading Journey's Wheel in the Sky just to get rid of that piece of crap.

That's a pretty good song. You should've chosen something much worse than that in your example, like "Disco Duck", or "Macho Man"! Or if you wanted to stay in the Journey vein, you should've chosen something truly lame, like "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'", or "Lights"!

Top Bottom