• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

HNDY15 - AWD...again. As the Iroquois

Recon: Change Moo to archer

IT: Moo archer -> settler

1450: Plant Cat. 4/4 archer def. 3/3 archer. 5/5 archer def. 3/3 archer. (3-0)

1425 IT: Moo settler ->spear

1400: 4/4 archer def. 3/3 archer (x2). 4/5 archer def. 3/3 archer. (6-0)

1375: 4/4 archer def. 3/3 archer (7-0)

1350: 4/4 archer in Grand River dies flawlessly to 3/3 archer on grassland, doing no damage. 5/5 archer kills the demon 3/3 archer with the aid of Igor, his wooden stake and some holy water. (8-1)

1325: Plant Horse River on hill. Need to fortify both the mountain and hill in the future.

1275 IT: writing to HBR

Next city on the northern peninsula? Getting tough to keep Moo's pop down. thus the connecting of the second lux.

Julius to the SW, Hammi to the south and a goofy roman mariner to the north. Though we have settled on the hill of death, we need fear no evil for our UU is the meanest on the river.

good progress. I would have founded Cattaraugus in a different spot to the west so it could grab the fish and we could squeeze one more city up north.

thus the connecting of the second lux
:confused: the second lux is connected since Grand River was connected. Maybe you are refering to a third lux?

Suggest to aquire UU and go razing sooner. we need more land

Sir Bugsy said:
Handy, If Slinger and Deadly don't show up and you need another PM me. This will be a nice game. Hopefully better than that China game we played.

OK I got you down! :D
No word from either one so you can join in.

I would have founded Cattaraugus in a different spot to the west so it could grab the fish and we could squeeze one more city up north.
Agree. Silver lining may be that if we need a couple of cities to build an army we can go ICS in that little corner.

Got it. Will play on tonight.

Still a ways to go before break-out, I see.

Well, Bugs, here they come.

Got the horses hooked up but had to pull back from the mountain as the Romans kept throwing archers at Horse Hill. Then the Babylonians showed up with a four pack of bowmen but bypassed Horse Hill and went straight for the capitol, so our spears headed that way. The bows all died, but there is another stack incoming from the SE heading for Grand River.

We learned how to ride but I have only started one horseman then swapped to a spear as it look like we need some cover against the incoming Babylonians.

Settler ended up in a less than optimal spot as Hammi had a spear/settler pair at the tip of the peninsula.

We are heading toward Lit at a spanking pace with 79 shields in the bin at Allegheny and we will have another 70 or so once Literature is learned.

There has been a fair amount of garrison swapping going on just to keep defenders in position or to provide MP cover or resource cover. Had to leave the horses uncovered so an archer could go kill a Roman spear at the gates of Moo and to make sure that there was enough troops in Horse Hill to prevent its sacking by the Romans.

Wine Hill has a tax collector until its garrison can return from covering the archer at the gates to Moo.

Admiral Kutzov said:
Curiosity killed the cat, but what did the peninsular GH pop? Gold or warrior?

Maps :lol:

:salute: Commander Bugs reporting for duty.

I have it. I'll need to catch up.

Pre-flight – 1000 BC – We’re not looking too bad. Four Roman archers south of Horse River. Some Babs have been moving towards the interior. I peal an archer out of Horse River to help with clean up. I like that Bab settler pair we have trapped north of Towanda. :D Folowing Bede of course is a joy. Everything is in order.

IBT – At Horse River we lose two spears and kill an archer. A tile SE of Moo is pillaged. A strong force of Bowmen move up the east coast.
Moo: Archer=>Mountie (1-2)

1. 975 BC – Kill a Roman Spear. Move troops back into Horse River. I set up Moo to produce a three turn Mountie. (2-2)

IBT – Hammie wants to talk. He’s up CB, CoL and MM. We’re up HBR. Two Roman archers die at Horse River. (4-2)

2. 950 BC – Move to defend Moo and Grand River from Babs. Our three turn Mountie is messed up by invaders.

IBT - @ Moo – Three Bowmen die and a fourth kills our spear. @ Grand River another Bowman dies. @ Horse River two Romans die. (10-3)
Wine: Spear=>spear

3. 925 BC – Shuffling.

IBT - @ Moo – Three Bowmen die and we lose a spear. A Roman archer dies at HR. (14-4)

4. 900 BC – Kill a Bab spear heading for undefended Wine Hill. Some more shuffling to cover Moo. (15-4)

IBT – Another tile outside Moo is pillaged. The Romans are attacking with warriors now at HR. Three Romans die. (18-4)

5. 875 BC – Kill a lone Bowman outside Moo. I attack a stack of two Bab spears and lose elite on elite. The babs get a leader. Kill the second spear and kill the redlined spear with a warrior and kill the leader at the same time. Fat finger a spear off a road, cover our horses against the Romans. (21-5)

SITREP – The Romans seem to be gassed as they are only sending regular units (archers and warriors.) The Babs are out of our backyard, but we have some repairs to make. Our first Mountie will come off the production line soon. A decent kill ratio so far with out cats.

To be continued tomorrow…..

Handy, just sth to consider. I would be able to play my turns tomorrow night after Bugs has done his tomorrow. So, if you want ,we could swap since I am not available after tomorrow night for a while.

5. 875 BC (Con’t) –

IBT – Moo: Mountie=>mountie (3 turns now)
Grand River: spear=>spear

6. 850 BC – I use the mountie to knock off a Roman spear and…

Optimize for GA. Bump science up 10%. (22-5)

IBT – Our mountie is killed. Two Roman archers die at HR. A Bowman is dropped off in our rear. (24-6)
Wine Hill: spear=>mountie
Catta: barracks=>spear

7. 825 BC – Maneuvering. Science back down 10%. Lit due in 4.

IBT – We lose a spear at Wine Hill. Three Roman archers die at HR. (27-7)
Moo: mountie=>mountie

8. 800 BC – Our new mountie takes out the murderous bowman.

IBT – Only one Roman decides to die this turn. (29-7)
Grand River: Spear=>mountie
Horse River: barracks=>mountie
Mayans complete MoM.

9. 775 BC – More maneuvering.

IBT – Two Romans die this turn. (31-7)
Moo, Wine Hill: mountie=>mountie

10. 750 BC – We take out two Babs. (33-7)

After Action Report – A decent kill ratio. Literature is due next turn. Pre-build is pretty far along. We need to capture the mountain south of Horse River. I think some Mounties can do the job. Then put some spears there. Arrows show the routes of attack. We will need to start thinking about more settlers soon. Expand south now that we have control of our lands. The mounties will dominate for a while. We need to hit the Romans while they don’t have iron. They are mostly producing regular archers.

Save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Handy15,_750_BC.SAV

BTW - If you leave our horses unguarded, the Romans will head there.

Nice entry Sir B. Looks like break out is imminent.

looking good, trying to expand in my mini swap with handy...got it

Top Bottom