LK169, Italy, CCM 2.5, AWM

Congrats on wrapping it. That was quicker than expected.
Ditto :thumbsup:
While clearing the neighborhood, I get another Leader! It's actually hard to know where to send him.
I had to solve that mystery also. My solution was to go to a city with a barracks (Saigon) and create an army and upgrade the catapult to Horse Artillery.
You mentioned Universities were not going to help. I don't think Factories or Power Plants were going to help much either and Horse Artillery is nice to have vs Infantry.

What ever the theme is, please keep selecting civs we have not played in CCM.

I plan to keep cycling through the civs. I was amazed how strong Italy was to start. With all the free barracks early one, they were an early powerhouse.

I had to solve that mystery also. My solution was to go to a city with a barracks (Saigon) and create an army and upgrade the catapult to Horse Artillery.

Ooh, creating an army didn't occur to me :think:

You mentioned Universities were not going to help. I don't think Factories or Power Plants were going to help much either and Horse Artillery is nice to have vs Infantry.

The last few turns, I was rushing culture buildings in a few key places where I was hoping to get one extra border expansion in under 5 turns. That turned out to be a dead end because the game didn't last another 5 turns :lol:

Factories weren't going to help, but I was considering Power Plants in places where I thought it might get us faster units (say, switching from 2-turn Infantry to 1-turn Adventurers) -- again, because I figured with 3-5 turns to go, unit production was worth considering. Live and learn :scan:

Congratulations to all participants of this succession game and thank you very much for the nice stories and reporting problems about CCM 2.5 ! :clap:

The next version of CCM is still in work. There are frequently new experiences when experimenting with the new features, that now are possible with the Flintlock mod. I posted a default.c3x_config file for the R16 version of the Flintlock mod, that should work for CCM 2.5, some posts above.

Just a suggestion. what about not always war, but we switch to a Republic and then switch to Fascism? Maybe play a civ that has Industrious as a trait.

Another idea, revisit the time we played on other that a huge map, this time play as the French and see how fast we can win (maybe by conquest).

LK170 idea: 5C+ win.
To start with we can only have 5 native cities. For each 5 cities razed, we can build 1 more city.
I don’t think this can be won at deity. My gut says emperor is pushing it, as keeping up with science will be very hard. Don't forget, we need some early wars to get past 5 cities.
NOTE: To use combat settlers, we need to reserve the right to build some cities. We can’t exceed the limit for even one second.

Thoughts and comments?

Last edited:
I like the concept and I agree that a deity victory is highly unlikely. If we could achieve a deity victory, I think it would be such a grind that it would not be fun.
I do have some questions.
Are we going for a UN or Space victory?
How about using a smaller map like we did when we went for a conquest victory? (Limiting our cities might make domination impossible.)
Is it always war, or can we trade with rivals?
I assume, If we have an open "slot" can we fill it with a captured town.
If we do not have an open slot are we required to raze a town when we capture a town?

Are we going for a UN or Space victory?
Any victory type. Domination would be the ultimate, but probably impossible.

How about using a smaller map like we did when we went for a conquest victory? (Limiting our cities might make domination impossible.)
That game was fast, but didn't feel satisfying.

Is it always war, or can we trade with rivals?
We can trade with rivals.

I assume, If we have an open "slot" can we fill it with a captured town.
If we do not have an open slot are we required to raze a town when we capture a town?
For each 5 cities razed, we can build 1 more city. The key word is BUILD. No capturing of enemy cities. If we want a wonder, we need to self build it. Happiness will be a challenge. ALL AI cities are razed.

Hmm...I'm not sure about this variant. It might be a little extreme for CCM. That being said, I'm willing to play whatever variant we settle on.

I looked through the past few game threads for brainstorming...

Communist space
Fascist space
Civinator's "Nuclear Escalation Game"
Another UN attempt
No-science game
AWE attempt if we can roll a great start?

Spoiler Civinator's Nuclear Escalation Game :

What about a "Nuclear Escalation Game" ? Until the tech to build the Manhattan Project (that produces nuclear bombers), no offensive wars for the human player are allowed. In defensive wars (when another civ declares war) when the AI civ demands peace, this request must be followed. No provocations of AI civs, especially by spying actions, are allowed up to that point.

Communist space and Fascist space would pretty much flow the same as the previous space game, except that we would require a lot more land to offset not getting the +1 democracy bonus.
Civinator's "Nuclear Escalation Game" - NOT winnable at deity, as we will be to small until the end.
Another UN attempt - no appeal
No-science game - please define this. Does this mean the only way to get techs is to beat it out of the other AIs?
AWE attempt if we can roll a great start? This will require a TON of attempts to start. You almost have to get the forest with furs start we got, or something else with absurd shields. In addition, we have to NOT get an early contact. The extra bonus units from emperor would be brutal.

A few more thoughts about the 5C+ game:
At the end of every turn we should report a running total of how many rival towns we have razed and current number of towns we are allowed to possess. Maybe even the number of towns we have built.

A culture victory might be possible. Look were Rome was at the end of our last game, with 50 Great artists adding to its culture it would have been past 180,000 culture for a victory.
To cater to having this chance we just have to try and build every possible culture building in our Capital as soon as possible until maybe 900 AD. Also, save Great Artists (and Monks?) until our Capital has an Opera.

Razing towns will give us many slaves. Can we merge slaves into our towns?
If so, when we can build motorized settlers they might show up as "tainted" (showing they have a nationality other than ours) will it be okay to build a town with this settler?

No-science game - please define this. Does this mean the only way to get techs is to beat it out of the other AIs?

Yeah, I was thinking zero-science for the entire game, relying entirely on trading and tech steals.

AWE attempt if we can roll a great start? This will require a TON of attempts to start. You almost have to get the forest with furs start we got, or something else with absurd shields. In addition, we have to NOT get an early contact. The extra bonus units from emperor would be brutal.
Fair enough, perhaps I'm feeling overconfident because of how smoothly the last game went.

LK170 idea:
I’ll concede 5C+ game.
Time for a simpler game.
True Chinese communist. The game start will be edited to give us communism from the beginning. We may never leave communism.
Will be played at deity.

We have a debate if the above is played at Sid. We gain an early shield advantage.

True Chinese communist. The game start will be edited to give us communism from the beginning. We may never leave communism.
We have a debate if the above is played at Sid. We gain an early shield advantage.
I like the idea playing true Chinese communist at the Sid level. :thumbsup: I mitigates the large advantage we get with having cheap Barracks and Farms giving us a 50% shield boost.

LK170
ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (confirmed)
Greebley
Elephantium

LK170
ROSTER:
LKendter
Jersey Joe (confirmed)
Greebley
Elephantium