• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

HNDY15 - AWD...again. As the Iroquois

Greebley said:
Am I up? Its hard to tell.

YES I'll strike Deadly and Slinger and we can just pick them up in another game down the road. Rat and I switched and we have both played.

Roster
1. Handy
2. ThERat
DeadlyNeprhons! MIA
3. Greebley UP :bounce:
4. Admiral Kutzov
5. Bede
Barbslinger MIA
6. Sir Bugsy

Preturn: Move some units. I like the attack idea. Raise science.

IBT: Some units Advance.

330 BC: Kill the stack of Spears and Bowmen of Babylon. Lose a Vet Archer and a Mounted Warrior.
Kill a stack of Archers.

IBT: Some units Advance.

310 BC: Kill more units. No losses this time. Several Elite victories but no leaders.
Build Centralia on the hill South of our lands. It is mostly defended by Jungle and hills so it can't be suprise attacked.

IBT: Same

290 BC: Have a stack outside Roman City.

IBT: Same Horse beach may have to defend. The offensive units need healing.

270 BC: Attack Pisae. Yellow line 2 reg spear. We get 2 retreats and no losses. Capture Pisae.

Hey, who's that. Its a nasty sword. It's Mayan. Declare war immediately.
Looking at the various graphs, Maya is as strong as Rome and Babylon together if not stronger (given that they have swords I would say stronger).

IBT: Sword moves next to Pisae.

250 BC: Bombard the Sword to 1 hp. Let the Mounted warriors heal.

230 BC: Lose a Mounted Warrior to a 2 hp Archer.

210 BC: Kill a few units. Bring Cats near a Babylon city.

190 BC: Capture Ashur from Babylon (losing 1 or 2 Mounted Warrior). Spot Iron at distance 3 from Ashur. A colony is possible or a city to grab it.

170 BC: The unit shuffle. Have bad luck attacking stupid archers. 2 Mounted Warriors lost (jungle).

150 BC: Found Akwesasne. It is on a hill near roman lands.

Notes:
I pushed hard to expand. I am hoping we didn't over-tax ourselves, but we just can't sit small at Deity.

The water near Ashur is not fresh water. This means we may have split Babylon off from the rest of the the world and from some of its cities. I think we should now turn our offense to the south and attack them. We can hold off the Romans and Mayans to the west.

Maya is big. Hopefully that means they have been at war. If not we will be hard pressed stopping their initial Barrage. I would try to get 3-4 Spear in the front cities if we can. It may get rough. Feel free to switch infra builds to Spears and MW. I was not at all sure that infra was a good idea even though we need it.

4 more towns is +16 unit support :D

We just started construction. Question: Would going for Monarchy first be Better? Maybe we should switch.

You'll want to batten down the hatches, Admiral. A Mayan storm is approaching. :eek:

We are specially outclassed in culture:

Here is the current situation:

:eek: :eek: The Mayans are huge! Oh that's culture. Which way did they come from?

If the water near Ashur isn't fresh, that may be a peninsula to our east. If the Mayans aren't in that direction it may make sense to try and consolidate in that direction next.

Greebs - I don't think you have expanded too fast. That is a good pace.

A single Mayan sword was west of Pisae when I took it.

I think the Babylons are on a peninsula. If not, it is still unlikely that we will see Mayans from that direction.

This is one situation where building a Curragh migh make sense. Babylon will have some boats, but they may not attack. It would help to know the shape of Babylon lands if we could get away with it.

[Edit: In size and strength, the Mayans are about equivalent to the Romans and Babylons together. That probably means they have been warring. Their strength would have been greater if they hadn't. I think that may mean the initial onslaught will not be deadly. This is guess work of course.]

Good news that the Mayans are at war, or have been. Even better news they are to the west. Let's strike SE at the Babs and consolidate the front. Maintaining a holding action across Ashur-Pisae-Akwesasne while we strike at the heart of Babylon.

The curragh makes a lot of sense. Admiral, time to start our navy.

great progress guys. greebley, do you think Maya shares our land? they are so big, they should be from another land, or am I wrong?

Just remember Adm, you want to tip the game, not the boat.

One reason the Babs have managed to hit you with so many units is they are surely in their GA. It started before yours with some Bow winning a battle, so they should have to slow down sooner.

As long as the Mayans are not on your landmass or at least only have a token holding, you are still in the fight.

Those MW's should be giving you a break soon in the form of a leader, the odds of it are starting to build, good luck.

Got it...

Play tomorrow.

Kill Romans on the left, find Babylon on the right.

Any sign of iron?

Yes, we have two workers roading a mountain. After that if we build a colony we have iron. I was also sending additional workers south to it.

It is distance 3 from our city. We could also settle near it, but I would do the colony as it speeds up the building of the road. Also a city that far would be hard to defend. 2 spear on a mountain will hopefully be ok though.

For my attack on the Romans, I built Outposts on the Babylon side to gain more warning. You can defend them or not as you choose. The AI tends to target them which can also be used to your advantage.

AN ARMY, AN ARMY!!!!

But it took nearly 20 elite victories..... :rolleyes:

150BC

Ethnic cleansing completes at Ashur. Romans slide right by Akwesasne heading for undefended St Regis....Now how to take advantage of that?

130BC
Pummel the Babylonian bowmen with Pythagoreans and watch them fade off into the jungle

Huddle the forces within reach of the fields outside St Regis and reinforce Akwesasne.

Mounties are still healing...stubborn Appaloosas.

110BC
Kill a two Bab bowmen and a Roman archer with elite Mounties, no leader...3-0

90BC
Bablyonians steal a worker on the mountains, didn't realize that was ours.

Kill two Romans at St Regis 5-0

Settler heads SE from Horse Beach.

Kill two Roman spears at Akwesasne 7-0

Kill a Bab bow at Ashur Mountain. 8-0

70BC
Romans send many archers at Akwesasane, manuever around to cover the town and kill two. 10-0

Romans lose two archers at Akwesasne 12-0

50BC
Kill three Roman archers at Akwesasne 15-0

30BC

Kill a Bab bowman in the jungles of Ashur and Shenandoah appears. 16-0

Kill a Roman archer froma galley at Horse Beach 17-0

And slay a Bab bowman at Centralia. 18-0

10BC
Kill three more Roman archers at Pisae 21-0

Move the settler into the jungle S of Ashur.

Shenandoah forms an army at Centralia and three spears trot into town to load up.

Kill a Bab spear at Akwesasne. 22-0

30AD-50AD

FOund Ironwood in the jungle and claim the iron mountain. Workers will finish the road in four.

Kill another three Roman archers, a Babylonian spear and a Mayan longbow.27-0

Army sets off on a recon of the Babylonian lands SW of Ironwood.

The Mayans are building Sistine
chapel, Leo's workshop, Knights Templar and Sun Tzu's. According to f7 the Portugese are still alive and have the Temple of Artemis and the Great Wall.

I probably sent the army off in the wrong direction as the Babylonians are coming from the east with a trickle of units from the SW, but I did want to open some more of the map that way.

Market finished at Moo and will finish in Allegheny soon. Construction came in and now researching Polytheism which will finish in 4 leaving 5g in the treasury.

Expanding the Iroquois Nation. :D

Roster
1. Handy
2. ThERat
3. Greebley
4. Admiral Kutzov
5. Bede
6. Sir Bugsy UP

No restrictions so pillage all you want. Might want to leave a slive of road netword for the MW's to travel to catch up to the army, but what ever you deem best.

An army for MW's to hide under is not a good thing for Caesar.

Next leader can be an MW army that can hide under the spear army.

I have it. Pillaging, bowmen beating. Sounds like fun.

Top Bottom