HOF-IV Update

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 274 games were accepted since the previous update.
Congratulations to Ironhead for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Standard Deity Domination game for 341169 points. Alan_of_Dale was the most active player during this update, submitting 15 games.

The Quattromaster's List has a new member. Kudos to drepsed for achieving the Hall of Fame's highest honor!

Per the BTS patches, new HOF Mods are available for Vanilla and Warlords and are required for the newest Gauntlets. G-Major 14 focuses Deity/Standard/Cultural, inspired by a recent thread of our Cultural enthusiasts and experts. For those seeking less stressful fare (or if you just hate Incans and Romans) G-Minor 24 is Small/Warlord/Conquest.

G-Major 13 has concluded. Eight participants were able to submit Emperor level Domination wins, playing as the Koreans. The-Hawk finished fastest in 815 AD, with Moonsinger and Miraculix finishing a few centuries later. G-Minor 23 finished today, with the focus on Settler/Duel/Spaceship. As hoped, submissions were high, with no less than 64 players getting in a win. Dynamic fared better than anyone, launching in 860 AD. Grey Cardinal and AAA placed not too far behind on a list spread across 13 centuries, with a boggling number of positions sorted by score tiebreaker.

>> Civ IV HOF
>> Full Update Details
>> Discussion Thread

A number of players gained number one positions:
de Mott with a 3440 BC Duel Deity Conquest game for 37737 points.
Dracandross with a 1680 AD Tiny Deity Space Race game for 35546 points.
Ironhead with a 170 AD Standard Deity Domination game for 341169 points.
Jean d´Eath with a 1924 AD Duel Deity Diplomatic game for 22814 points.
Jean d´Eath with a 1904 AD Duel Deity Diplomatic game for 21156 points.
Jean d´Eath with a 1864 AD Tiny Deity Domination game for 22052 points.
Jean d´Eath with a 1918 AD Tiny Deity Domination game for 18193 points.
jesusin with a 1355 AD Small Deity Cultural game for 53965 points.
jesusin with a 1280 AD Standard Deity Cultural game for 68720 points.
Lexad with a 1316 AD Small Deity Cultural game for 90333 points.
Misotu with a 1570 AD Large Deity Space Race game for 35265 points.
Misotu with a 1565 AD Large Deity Space Race game for 33696 points.
Moonsinger with a 1120 BC Huge Deity Conquest game for 118954 points.
WastinTime with a 1549 AD Duel Deity Space Race game for 27570 points.

Alan_of_Dale with a 700 BC Duel Emperor Domination game for 76792 points.
archphoenix with a 2050 AD Small Emperor Time game for 10201 points.
Harbourboy with a 1946 AD Small Emperor Cultural game for 7086 points.
The-Hawk with a 815 AD Standard Emperor Domination game for 208859 points.

denze with a 1697 AD Huge Monarch Conquest game for 37330 points.
PeopleEqual with a 1572 AD Huge Monarch Space Race game for 43707 points.

CliftonBazaar with a 1898 AD Huge Prince Domination game for 31405 points.
de Mott with a 1750 AD Large Prince Cultural game for 17862 points.
de Mott with a 1344 AD Huge Prince Conquest game for 96833 points.
Lord Orpon with a 1938 AD Duel Prince Space Race game for 9551 points.
PeopleEqual with a 1456 AD Large Prince Diplomatic game for 69743 points.
PeopleEqual with a 1472 AD Standard Prince Diplomatic game for 62722 points.
Tristam29 with a 2050 AD Standard Prince Time game for 6776 points.

chunga_changa__ with a 695 AD Small Noble Domination game for 78565 points.
DaveShack with a 2050 AD Duel Noble Time game for 7997 points.
elmoro with a 2050 AD Small Noble Time game for 8348 points.
IglooDude with a 1870 AD Huge Noble Domination game for 30781 points.
IglooDude with a 1010 AD Small Noble Domination game for 82714 points.
McCloud with a 1780 AD Large Noble Cultural game for 21027 points.
PeopleEqual with a 1444 AD Standard Noble Diplomatic game for 66033 points.

Alan_of_Dale with a 1790 AD Duel Warlord Cultural game for 14969 points.
Alan_of_Dale with a 2050 AD Duel Warlord Time game for 7275 points.
de Mott with a 2125 BC Standard Warlord Conquest game for 52912 points.
mrfurious with a 1926 AD Tiny Warlord Space Race game for 17852 points.
vbraun with a 1832 AD Small Warlord Cultural game for 17335 points.

CliftonBazaar with a 300 AD Large Chieftain Domination game for 81556 points.
mrfurious with a 1690 AD Small Chieftain Space Race game for 26698 points.
sir_spink with a 2050 AD Duel Chieftain Time game for 3632 points.
sir_spink with a 2050 AD Tiny Chieftain Time game for 3831 points.

Dynamic with a 860 AD Duel Settler Space Race game for 57879 points.
RickWJ66 with a 1615 AD Duel Settler Space Race game for 20215 points.
sir_spink with a 2050 AD Tiny Settler Time game for 3254 points.

Woohoo! A number one position for me!

Welcome to the club, drepsed.

Nice work in the gauntlets to The Hawk and Dynamic!

Deity Cultural? Extreme!

[/b][Dynamic[/b] fared better than anyone, launching in 860 AD. Grey Cardinal and AAA placed not too far behind on a list spread across 13 centuries, with a boggling number of positions sorted by score tiebreaker.

It do not quite correct, as it seems to me. Dynamic and GC results is splitted by one moves only - it looks like a random value. Both finished before 900AD!!! Outstanding games - congrats!

As I see, Moonsinger do not leave us :D, but prefer military branch of gauntlets.

I offer my congrats to all as well. Should be interesting to see how many submissions are in the next update....[eyeing the copy of Civ4 BTS sitting on the desk begging to be installed.]

You are insane Harbourboy, do you know it? ;-)
I try it myself atm, 3rd attempt failed... it's a very tricky thing.

We're all insane to spend any time at all on an activity as pointless an unproductive as this computer game.
:thumbsdown: :wow: It's hardly unproductive. Civilization is chess on crack, it's mental exercise at it's finest keeping minds healthy and strong.

Having a woman in your life is against Hall of Fame rules. Get a divorce attorney.

is that one of them 'unwritten' rules? because I've read the entire rules page twice and didn't see it on there :p

No, it's like one of them 'it just is' rules - like "Swimming with an open wound in shark-infested waters is prohibited." The rule enforces itself. :p

Anyway, thanks for running the updates, guys. Now I'll see whether I can make the "HoF main page" for Noble.

Wow, I've been on Civfanatics for a while, active in HOF and sometimes GOTM. Even won a couple of Gauntlets ;). Yet here is a post from a moderator with 14K posts who've I've never even heard of before!

:lol: I think this shows I need to get around a little more and explore the forums. Yet another sign of the breadth of Civfanatics and the diverse interests of the people who subscribe. Really cool!

You know, I was just thinking the opposite. I've been running the HOF (and competing in one before that) for a number of years, and I've not once seen a nonHOF moderator participating here until just recently. I haven't seen DaveShack posting, but he has been submitting.

So, many thanks to him and Igloo for being here.

Yet here is a post from a moderator with 14K posts who've I've never even heard of before!

:lol: I think this shows I need to get around a little more and explore the forums.

A word of advice, you really don't want to visit his neck of the woods. It's called OT. [shudder]

Yes, it is nice seeing all the new faces here at the HOF. It seems like the recent Minor Gauntlets are really drawing interest.

Great job everyone! :clap:

Having a woman in your life is against Hall of Fame rules. Get a divorce attorney.

I *am* the woman in my life :)

I did try to get my husband to play. Once. The look of total bewilderment on his face was more than I could bear :rolleyes:

Wow, I've been on Civfanatics for a while, active in HOF and sometimes GOTM. Even won a couple of Gauntlets ;). Yet here is a post from a moderator with 14K posts who've I've never even heard of before!

:lol: I think this shows I need to get around a little more and explore the forums. Yet another sign of the breadth of Civfanatics and the diverse interests of the people who subscribe. Really cool!

You know, I was just thinking the opposite. I've been running the HOF (and competing in one before that) for a number of years, and I've not once seen a nonHOF moderator participating here until just recently. I haven't seen DaveShack posting, but he has been submitting.

So, many thanks to him and Igloo for being here.

95% of my posts are in OT - as Methos says, it can be a scary place.

And I'm happy to be here, though it actually wasn't the gauntlets that lured me in as much as looking for a new challenge, and since my going beyond singleplayer Prince level isn't very likely, I figured doing some serious Noble level AI-kicking for HoF entry would be a reasonable one. :)

Top Bottom