HoF Mod - assets different from a standard install

After patching BtS to version 3.13, I have the 'HOF-Mod - assets different...'-message, when I am running the latest Warlords-HOF-Mod.
I have installed the newest BM-version. And I have read, that the DLL of Warlords was replaced by the BtS-patch. Could that be the reason of the error-message, or should I deinstall BM?
It would be the DLL. You need to do dual install if you want to use 3.13. We'll be putting out new versions as soon as we can. :)

Okay!:) :) :) I am 40 years old and i can wait for the new HOF-Mod, as I can waiting for Godot.:) :) :) This is only a joke.
Another question: When will the beta-phase of HOF-BtS be finished, and BtS games accepted for quattromaster-tasks? I know, that this question is out of thread and I hope you shall forgive me.:eek:

Okay!:) :) :) I am 40 years old and i can wait for the new HOF-Mod, as I can waiting for Godot.:) :) :) This is only a joke.
Another question: When will the beta-phase of HOF-BtS be finished, and BtS games accepted for quattromaster-tasks? I know, that this question is out of thread and I hope you shall forgive me.:eek:
With all the bugs in 3.13, we will have to wait and see. We probably shouldn't keep running as a beta too much longer.

I have CivScale (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7) and it breaks HOF for Warlords. I only have it to remove clouds in the zoomed-out view. Since I want to play in the Warlords succession game, it appears I have to uninstall and reinstall Warlords.

It would be nice if the HOF mod had a 'remove clouds' feature.
I believe Civscale may have a reset to defaults that puts the files back. You might try that before reinstalling.

As for adding the removing clouds option, I am not sure how CivScale does that but I suspect that it is a XML setting. That kind of makes it all-or-nothing kind of change. I will put it on the list to look at, though.

As best I can tell, there isn't a backup or undo in CivScale. Reinstalling the patch seems to have solved the problem though.

Thanks for looking into it.
I must be confusing it with Blue Marble.

The problem with CivScale is the author chose to modify the main installed assets. Major Modding no-no. :( If they had put the changes in the "My Games\Civilization IV\CustomAssets" then the HOF Mod would simply ignore them.

I think when you uninstall Civscale, it resets everything. I'm curious though if anyone has gotten BlueMarble to work with the HOF mod in BtS yet.

Huoh again problems with this. Noticed that 3.13 needs dual instal if you want to have WL/van used too. But that will be fixed with next mod patch if I understood right. Anytime soon coming out, not that now theres any hurry as BTS is official too.

Well no Gauntlets then for me... :(

-D

Huoh again problems with this. Noticed that 3.13 needs dual instal if you want to have WL/van used too. But that will be fixed with next mod patch if I understood right. Anytime soon coming out, not that now theres any hurry as BTS is official too.

-D
:confused: What is the problem with vanilla and warlord?

G-Minor and G-Major Gauntlets will include BTS going forward. ;)

-D

1.74.002 and 2.18.002 are all compatable with a standard BTS install now without a dual install. It would have to be something else if your having trouble.

Wonder, I havent installed anything special at all. Well Im upgradin my PC soonish this 1400 ages old amd is too slow for anything. Dont have to reinstall them here at least.

-D

Just grabbed 3.17.001, and I'm having asset issues. I either get "CRCs missing" error in settings page, or "assets are different from standard install" error. It seems to be random which error shows up. I've attached 3 different asset checker results.

1. After installing HOF-3.17.001.
2. After reinstalling patch 3.17 and reinstalling HOF-3.17.001.
3. After uninstalling BtS completely, reinstalling, patching to 3.17, and reinstalling HOF-3.17.001

Can anyone tell me what is wrong here?

Attachments

• civ4assetcheckresults.zip
    60.1 KB · Views: 51
Just grabbed 3.17.001, and I'm having asset issues. I either get "CRCs missing" error in settings page, or "assets are different from standard install" error. It seems to be random which error shows up. I've attached 3 different asset checker results.

1. After installing HOF-3.17.001.
2. After reinstalling patch 3.17 and reinstalling HOF-3.17.001.
3. After uninstalling BtS completely, reinstalling, patching to 3.17, and reinstalling HOF-3.17.001

Can anyone tell me what is wrong here?
First, make sure that you have Locked Modified Assets checked.

Second, it looks like you are using an old version of the AssetsChecker. Try downloading and using the one here: http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=assetschecker

Problems running a game I saved only a couple days earlier using the HOF mod (not a HOF game, I just always run the mod since the compilation of mods is convenient). Says my assets have changed.

I try the Asset Checker and get this:
Code:
BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteInfo.xml,<-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteSourceInfos.xml,<-- Error: Not Found
BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteInfo.xml,<-- Error: Extra file
BTS: Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4VoteSourceInfos.xml,<-- Error: Extra file

?!

Top Bottom