1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HoF Mod - assets different from a standard install

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Shadondriel, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Thrallia

Thrallia Prodigal Staffer GOTM Staff

if you are getting the CRC message, are you clicking custom game and then selecting 'lock modified assets'?

that's usually what the crc message means.

2. Dianthus

Dianthus Small but hardy

Could you zip and post the .csv file here?

3. Ani

Ani Chieftain

At first try i had that locked problem to, but found a post directing me to use the custom game start.

Here is the ziped version of the csv file.

In advance thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

4. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Your BTS assets are a little different. Have you installed BTS patch 3.02?

5. Ani

Ani Chieftain

Yes have innstalled bts 3.02. Had a problem with it not reading my dvd rom/burner at first, but a reinnstall and using my normal dvd player at reinstall solved that problem.

6. Denniz

You have 3 files that are different (Path=C:\Programfiler\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword):

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    • Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll
    • Assets\XML\GlobalDefines.xml

They might be a problem similar to the what people with the German version have experienced. You might try reinstalling and removing those files before patching.
    (Always delete anything left behind after uninstall, just in case.)

7. Ani

Ani Chieftain

Ok thanks a lot, ill try that later today. GF's birthday so have to stay away from the pc.. :)

8. Ani

Ani Chieftain

Deleted the files and did update the patch.
    But now when i try to load the HOF mod i get a runtime error while loading.
    It happens afther the xml is loaded, get the engine is starting (or similiar) then black screen and runtime error. contact your aplication provider..

I checked and the files i deleted got created in the patch.

9. Ani

Ani Chieftain

I get around the runtime crash if i first start a normal game then returns to main menu and loads the hof mod. But i still get the same crc warning.

Here is the new asset file.

Attached Files:

10. Ani

Ani Chieftain

Now it works :)
    The last problem was because the reinstall had caused the game to forget the locked parameter. Now it works :)

11. ArcadicGamer

ArcadicGamer Warlord

Just like to bump the issue. Of course, STEAM has already patched me to 3.03, so it may be futile at this point. But still, i get the Assets error in warlords and plain. (which are the same patch as BTS)

12. ArcadicGamer

ArcadicGamer Warlord

Update: The new patch and new HOF Mods have not fixed my issue. I still recieve the assets warning in all 3 versions of CIV4. If there is anything else i can give file, folder, or ss wise, please let me know. I've been looking for a fun way to challenge myself in civ for awhile now, and am quite happy i found it in the HOF and Gauntlets. I want to get this working.

13. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Where are your Civ 4, Warlords and Beyond the Sword folders placed?

14. Denniz

With the STEAM's directory structure, it seems unlikely that Warlords or BTS will work without some changes to recognize STEAM saves. I would think that vanilla at least would work but apparently they messed that up too. :(

You can still play and discuss the gauntlets evern if you can't submit right now. We'll try to work something out for STEAM submission as soon as we can.

15. ArcadicGamer

ArcadicGamer Warlord

I have a zip of it in an above post, but they are on my D: drive, in the STEAM folder, in 3 folders.

I thought about copying each folder into oneanther. (drop the vin and war into BTS, vin into war), but like you said, vin should work. The situation isnt limited to HOF, as STEAM customers show as modded in mp games. (i can attest to it, and if you want to see it, we can setup a test direct ip to join) It might not be a mod issue at all then, but it would seem that something asset wise is misplaced or being misdirected.

I've sent 2-3 steam tickets about the issue, as well as a few others. I was hoping the 3.03 was the cure, but alas it wasnt.

16. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

Can you play vanilla with the HOF-mod?

17. Gammagooey

Gammagooey Chieftain

Ok, I'm having trouble with the HOF mod and the Civ 4 gold edition (contains regular and warlords) I ran the asset checker and got:

Civ4 Installed assets all good!
    Warlords Installed assets all good!
    Errors found with HOF mod

Is there a seperate version for gold edition or a different place to put the mod or something?
    current file path is:C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Warlords\Mods\HOF-2.13.001

18. Thrallia

Thrallia Prodigal Staffer GOTM Staff

there's a few posts here covering the problem with the Gold Edition of Civ4 right now with the HOF mod...not sure if Denniz has fixed it yet though.

19. Denniz

First, welcome to the Hall of Fame, Gammagooey. :band:

There are some differences in the Gold Edition that cause the Assets warning. So far it looks like only the EXE and coregame DLL. You are only the second to report trying use the HOF mod with it, I think. ;)

The Assetschecker is checking the BTS HOF Mod so the message is probably nothing to worry about. I need you do e-mail the assetchecker's output file, a vanilla save file, and a warlords save file to hof.civfanatics@gmail.com. We can verify your install that way.

After that, I think we will be in a better position to accept Gold Edition saves. Although, you will have to wait for another release of the HOF Mod for us to fix the warnings.

20. Gammagooey

Gammagooey Chieftain

ok, the files are sent, and thanks for the welcome! :D
    I just hope i don't cause you all too much trouble with this, especially when there's so few people in my situation :ack: