[GCiv] Hola! Introductions

Hi Brad, I haven't played GalCivI or 2 but After reading the reviews I plan on buying it soon. The ship design looks to be a terrific idea and I can see myself consumed for hours just in that part of the game!

I do have one question for you if you can tell me, Are there any plans to add a Multiplayer feature to GalCiv2 in a patch or an expansion? And if so would you be able to use the same Ship designer option in MP? Too me nothing would be cooler then to be able to design you're own ships and then use them to destroy you're Friends online!!!!!!!!!!!!.......:crazyeye:

And the copy protection idea is nothing short Genus, I hope all Dev's follow you're lead!!!!!...:goodjob:

Hi Brad -

You guys made a wonderful game.

Thanks.

hi

i have bought the retail version of the game considering good reviews here and there.

good points firsts : graphs are nice as well as soundtrack

bad points and worst of it blocking ones : user interface is ... well the best word i can find for this is : broken !

- Tedious
- full counter intuitive (an alien develloper maybe ?)

a player without the manual will spend dozen hours simply to learn how to do things.
AI ? bah i m sorry but the actual state of the game (regarding ui) is unplayable for me so i haven't really tested ai yet.

back to moo2 and civ4 sorry.

Hello! :thumbsup:

Traded in my DS (I had two because of a temporary family addiction to Nintendogs) and a couple games today, got GalCiv2 and Sid Meier's Pirates! (for the X-Box...I'm cheap, ok?)

I've heard good things, so I'm looking forward to getting this puppy going.

Heya Draginol!!!

Good to see ya here!

I love GalCiv 2 more than any other PC game I currently have, and I have World of Warcraft and Age of Empires I, II, and III, so that's really saying alot! :)

I can't wait for the expansion to come out as well.

I just have one question: will there be any improvements to the ship editor in the game in the expansion? Because that is one of my favorite features in the game ( the cinematic space battles and diplomatic and trade relations are also true gems in this game).:D

Easily one of the best games ever. A game that combines 4X stratagy with custom race and ship editors with an outstanding A.I. and an RPG element too is something rarly if ever found in todays market.

And Brad, one thing about the game. In the future expansion will you include that Death Stare like super weapon from the first one i've heard about?

Great game, Brad!

One very useful thing about your distribution and support system I encountered - I bought the collector's edition physically from the high street but found that the first disc was faulty. But rather than have to take it back I simply registered it and downloaded the game from Stardock, which I thought was just a brilliant idea :)

I also love the care and attention that's gone into it, with the tutorials and everything. You just don't see this kind of support from most games.

Wow. The developers follow the forum. That's very good news.

Howdy, I'm Jonathan. I mainlined Master of Orion I and II like drugs, skipped III. I am hoping that GCII is my new MOO. I'm still trying to figure out what I should be doing in the game, climbing the fabled learning curve.

Hi Jonathan.
Gc2 is a great game.
Plenty of help available at the Forum galciv2.com

If you want a steep learning curve, try X3.
I did and eventually abandoned it. It was just hard work, no fun.

Thanks, Biggles. The learning curve is already steep enough for me, thanks; I just need to get the basics down and the rest will teach itself in battle. It's that early part that's the steepest.

I'm kinda new to this little subforum :) lol - never looked into it.

I'm glad developers listens to the players :) and yeah; of course I love GC2 as well :p I trid the demo for weeks and had to buy it when I found it... :D

I haven't been able to find out that much about the modding abilities etc., but it mainly seems like you first of all can't really model, nor map that much. Are there any tutorials anywhere which fast ecxplains about the files and/or what applications you need
? :) Of course I could have asked in a new thread, but then again; it's better to ask the source and get a 100% answer on the possibilities :D

- Qdin

Greetings all. I don't know if any of you know me but my real name is Brad Wardell. I work at Stardock and am the designer and AI developer of Galactic Civilizations II.

So if you have any questions, I'm here. ;)

I was shocked to find the developer of GC2 at a Civ forum.

that said, my suggestion is to allow the user to turn off custom ships upon game startup. after building over a hundred custom ships to respond to different alien offenses and defenses the fun factor went down to zero.

the corollary to this suggestion is to allow the user to play with only one offense and defense combo such as lasers and shields. part of the steep learning curve for GC2 is the three offenses and three defenses whose effectiveness entirely depends upon the relativeness combos of effective counters to a given offense.

I realize some players are in love with both of these aspects of the game. however for me to continue to play GC2 I need to get rid of both of these aspects of the game.

on the plus side your alien AI is better than the Civ series AI, at least in terms of personality.

I also think you should pursue the suggestion you mentioned of allowing the user to save custom civs to be played as future opponents.

Wow, didn't find this forum until now. I bought GalCiv2 a while ago, but I just got Dark Avatar a few days ago, and WOW!

I am really impressed with Stardock's philosophy of gaming.

Hello all! I've just bought GC II Ultimate Edition. I tried it, and it was FUN! :D

Bought GCII... small version CD, not a box. Haven't played it. Haven't played Civ4: Colonization either... or Civs I-III in my box set.

I'm quite certain I'll enjoy the game (I have good taste :lol:) but I just need to get around to doing it. Oh man! I'm procrastinating at procrastinating! That's the reason I had to quit WoW. No guild could rely on me. XD

Top Bottom