Hot Seat?

AbbieRevo

Non-Voting Delegate
So, I noticed in the demo: no hot seat MP.

Anyone know if this is true of the final game too?

If so.... boo.

hotseat is impossible due to the fact that it uses simultaneous turns, not sequential.

I'm surprised there isn't split-screen, but perhaps we'll get it added in an update(like Overlord did)

I find a full screen already too small. I can't imagine how close to the screen I'd have to get fot split-screen.

Ehm, may I remind you that civ 4 uses simultaneous turns and hot seat mp is possible so I don't understand why hot seat was removed from Rev.

It doesn't need simultaneous turns, it can be taking turns, like a turn-based game.

Probably to balance things out, there will need to be "forced teams" for players.

In Civ4 it was possible to play simultaneous turns or taking turns in any game, SP or MP. Simultaneous turns in SP is farily pointless though, and taking turns in MP is fairly unpopular except for pitboss games etc.

I have to say, since I don't know anyone with a DS, I'm disappointed there will be no hotseat play. I can't see CivRev being worth it just for the single player game.

you can also play ranked matches online and GOTW on the DS, the Nintendo WiFi does allow online multiplayer still.

Top Bottom