1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Hotkeys! 1.3.1

Adds missing hotkeys, along with new functions to help declutter the map

1. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Chieftain

I don't think so. The borders are 3D objects, and in the domain of the rendering engine. There is a method to toggle borders in the debug console, but it's wonky... it turns them off, but doesn't clear the frame. So you get a static image of the 3D borders imposed on the screen. Even if it did work correctly, I'm not sure it can be accessed with lua.

If I find a solution, I'll include it in an update.

edit: @bostonbongrips

Looks like it's tied in with the hex grid. If you issue "toggle overlay cultureborder", followed by "toggle overlay hexgrid", it removes it completely. I still don't know whether you can call these from a script, but it works from the console.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  2. Inlex

Inlex Chieftain

The necro is strong in this one...

However, I'm seeing this for the first time and am very happy to see it. I have been playing a TSL huge earth game for the past week. Once you get over 60 cities, things start to get cumbersome...

PS: the people finding 'enter' annoying to press for the 'next action'--> try using your thumb on the smaller enter key at the bottom right of most keyboards. Only works for right-handed players, though ;-)

3. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Chieftain

Yeah, the icon clutter is a major source of grief for me. I'd like to update the mod along the lines of incorporating more "ease of view" features. For example, it would be nice to be able to turn on a persistent terrain overlay (like in some of the lens views) while also selectively hiding some UI elements. Firaxis seems to be slowly gravitating towards making things more manageable, so we'll see what's up after the expansion.

In the meantime, I still can't say enough good things about X-Mouse Button Control. With that, you can assign multiple keystrokes to a single mouse button, use ctrl-alt-shift modifiers, combine buttons (button chording), introduce delays for button presses, etc. It's well suited for strategy games, or anything with a complex UI. I find it much more functional than something like Logitech Setpoint, or even Autohotkey. Anyone struggling with mouse and keyboard inconveniences should give it a try. It's a bit fiddly until you learn some of the nuances and inconsistencies with input handling in games, but it well worth the hassle.

So, for example, I have 'enter' bound to the middle mouse button, which I find convenient. You could do this with the in-game keymapper, except it doesn't block the original action (left-click?). XMB will block the original action by default, so it works. Then I have 'hide icons', 'hide banners', and a combined action on a single button, with a delay. So quick press hides icons, slightly longer hold for banners, longer still for both. You can pretty much squeeze the entire keyboard onto your mouse if you want :)

4. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Chieftain

heinous_hat updated Hotkeys! with a new update entry:

Hotkeys!

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Chieftain

Whoops... please ignore that last update (1.3). I pulled that from the wrong folder, it's the same as the previous version.

Will fix :)

6. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Chieftain

7. mice

mice Moose

Thanks Heinous Hat. Essential

8. Buni0ns

Buni0ns Chieftain

Question real quicklike if you dont mind. With this updated file, am I replacing the InGame.lua file, or should I make a folder for it in my mods folder and place that file in there?

9. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Chieftain

Sorry again, forgot to package that as a mod. Will fix :rolleyes:.

If you have the previous mod version, you can also just replace the InGame.lua file in the mod folder with the new one. Or, you can directly replace the base file in the game installation folder under ..base/assets/ui (just make a backup).