Hotseat game with a partner who knows civ 3 ptw and civ 4 but new to c3c.

Fhadhq

Chieftain
Hi.
I am rarely seen here and just found YOU again when reading another forum and a post asking for advice of usable background for a MOD of civ. :blush:

Played civ 1, ( 2 as guest ), 3 (complete) and 4 ( complete).
Now moved back to C3C since I dislike Civ 5 and civ 4 seemed to have only small maps.
Decided to give C3C a go in a hotseat game. But my co - player isn't used to it and only got to play civ 2, civ 3 / ptw and civ 4 ( no expansion pack ).
He's more of a peaceful builder where I am a bit more conqueror.

So which civ should he play with his style in C3C ?
We tried carthaginians but they got assailed and had a hard time to hold their ground.
( early on, bowmen vs numidians and the mercs regularly lost...)
I am bit lost here, can't remember a viable faction for him because we used civ 4 for so long and I am sadly unable to keep the assailants off. ( too far away ).
Any hint who would fit to a building and financial focused playstyle and able to hold for themselves is welcome. :)

Tell him to try the Sumerians, the enkidu warrior can hold aganist anything, and they are agricultural, so he will grow like crazy. The scientific trait will net him free techs and cheap Libraries/Universities/Research Labs.

The Maya have the two best traits in the game, and the Javelin Thrower although weak can give free workers essential for a builder..

On that line of thought he can fancy the Greek also, cheap hoplites for defense and good traits.

Top Bottom