How about having a "clean" build of RFC before Warlords?

V. Soma

long time civ fan
Herewith I propose for a clean and as-much-as-possibly bug free version of RFC
at the very moment before Warlords comes out...

I ask for this as Warlords is not coming out everywhere at the same time,
like here in Hungary we face a month delay or so...

I think we could celebrate our work on the beta of RFC :king:
with having a 1.00 build for the basic Civ4 1.61...

I agree, I think a good clean bug free version of RFC would be fantastic before we start to tinker with the new additions of warlords.

Rhye said:
yes, I prefer to first finish the work on vanilla.
After all, Warlords will probably need some patches and I won't start working on it until it's the final update.
:dubious: This might take over 6 months, who knows when the final patch for Warlords will come out??? I think we should start since day 1 of the release.

Prestidigitator said:
:dubious: This might take over 6 months, who knows when the final patch for Warlords will come out??? I think we should start since day 1 of the release.
SilverKnight said:
Look at the diversified crowd you are helping, Rhye. We can't agree on anything! :lol:
I rest my case. :rotfl:

Whatever is easier to do is fine with me. Although we should finish up tweaking the "vanilla" parts of the game by the time of release, so we don't go back to patching it a hundred times. I seem to remember RoC becoming version 2.69 or something suitably huge, even while RoCX was still being changed.

SilverKnight

Rhye said:
and this won't happen again
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=1583578#post1583578

:rotfl: My goodness, history does repeat itself! :lol:

Sorry, I get in a goofy mood when I'm tired. :sleep: = :crazyeye:

What things should we focus on? Just general game balance? The late game is still very off with all the emphasis we have been putting on early- and mid-game, but that's something we can work on.

SilverKnight

Rhye said:
yes, I prefer to first finish the work on vanilla.
After all, Warlords will probably need some patches and I won't start working on it until it's the final update.
What do you think that Firaxis is exactly going to do with the SDK for Warlords? Will they include it with the release, or make us wait for once the patching process is finished? Thats true that it would be quite a pain to have to update the SDK several times for each patch.

Just please give a week's notice Rhye, before you release the first RFCW... I won't buy Warlords until there's an RFC to go with it, since I'd hate to play cIV without RFC.

Personally, I'll need some downtime to check out all of the cool scenarios... hmm, I feel a rant coming on. ;) Stay tuned. I'm about wiped for today.

SilverKnight

Top Bottom