How bad is the AI at using the Advanced Nukes from AND1?

Civ44ever

Chieftain
just started using RoM:AND 2 and I love nuclear weapons, so when I saw the option for a weapon that turns any tile into a lake I was super excited, especially since unlike normal nukes this is a guaranteed MAD. However, I then saw the warning saying that the AI doesn't know how to use those nukes. Upon closer inspection, it says it uses them only to bomb enemy lands, which does seem like the best use to me.

So how bad is the AI at using those advanced nukes? And would enabling them give me an inherent advantage over the AI to a noticeable extent?

just started using RoM:AND 2 and I love nuclear weapons, so when I saw the option for a weapon that turns any tile into a lake I was super excited, especially since unlike normal nukes this is a guaranteed MAD. However, I then saw the warning saying that the AI doesn't know how to use those nukes. Upon closer inspection, it says it uses them only to bomb enemy lands, which does seem like the best use to me.

So how bad is the AI at using those advanced nukes? And would enabling them give me an inherent advantage over the AI to a noticeable extent?

Those nukes and YAM nuke have been disabled years ago because AI doesn't have a clue on when to build and how to use them, giving an unfair advantage to human players. IIRC they can be re-enabled with just a bit of editing in the Unit XML file.

Edit: on a side note, AI knows much better now how to properly handle nukes. It still has some glitches but it's definitely better now.

Last edited:
Good to know it's not the farce it used to be, since I'm building a 50-civ WWIII scenario. The game will open with 242 nukes owned by 13 civs, with the US and Russia having 89 and 84, respectively.

Will this scenario ever be completed? No idea, but it's sure been fun to build so far. It won't be done until next month, at the earliest.

Top Bottom