How best to acquire Civ5 Complete?

IglooDame

Enforcing Rule 34
Supporter
Retired Moderator
I've played I, III, IV, and recently courtesy of Epic's deal downloaded and played a little bit of VI on my Win7 box. Meh, and from all the comments, figure V will be better to resume civving with than VI. But, I'm completely unfamiliar with Steam, and have no desire to get on it if I can help it.

The options from Amazon and NewEgg have a DVD version and an online game code version, I understand the latter is a Steam download, but there's a little question as to whether the DVD version requires Steam as well. Could someone help clarify that for me?

You're happy to use Epic but draw the line at Steam?

I think Civ V does indeed require Steam, just to activate the game once. The Steam sales will be starting in the next few weeks so you'll get it for a nice discount there.

You're happy to use Epic but draw the line at Steam?

I think Civ V does indeed require Steam, just to activate the game once. The Steam sales will be starting in the next few weeks so you'll get it for a nice discount there.

I use(d) Epic because it was free and I wanted to have a look at the game. I expect to be playing CivV in a serious way, and if I'm not going to do a free one-off, I might as well do it the best (i.e. least gamerclient-dependent) way.

Steam doesn't cost per se......if you buy Civ 5 Complete there, it'd be in your Steam Library......you just use the Steam portal to play it. There are no other fees, so it's no different than Epic.

Trust me, I had reservations against Steam as well, going way back, as a long time Good Old Gamer....DRM and all. But, as I've put in 2500 hours on Civ 5 now, I guess Steam is ok.

Like was said already, just look for a good deal on Civ 5 complete....if memory serves, I got it for $19.99, years back.

Thanks, I'm now underway on Civ5. :ninja:

Top Bottom