How Crowded Can a Map Be? The Sequel

mastertyguy

I'm tired!
Well, if you have followed the original How Crowded Can a Map Be, you would have notice many mistakes, errors, which made no real difference because it was easy. Now, can the same game be tried in a harder way? So we've got:

Level: Modded Emperor (no free military units, but 2 free workers)
Size: Tiny
Shape: Pangea 80% water
Temperature, Age, Climate: Random
Barbs: None
Opponents: The whole bunch of 'em, all random :rolleyes:
Victory: All
Variant: AW (and the fact that there are 31 civ on a tiny map)

I chose, this time, to take the Persians. No reason to explain. You want an explaination? You really an explanation? Well, for the immortals! The traits are not too bad: Scientific and Industrious. Industrious is never bad, and it starts just before Math (cats!). Scientific itself is so-so, but gives me Bronze Working, just before IW. :evil:

So here is the start:

Better than the last game, but more people. Most of those civ will die before my first warrior. I was able to trade for nearly all starting techs (only missing the wheel). And I got 30 gold from it, too. [party] First warrior comes in 3750. It will be for defense, but first I send it to raze the empty Salamanca:

Got 3 slaves out of it [party]

To be continued...

My warrior got attacked by an Aztec warrior. This could be the end of the game. But it survived! I got a second warrior in 3500 bc, but it got killed by an Arab warrior. I CA ith the second (risky call). It became vet. In 3300, Rome attacked me with another warrior. I survived. In 3250, I got my first spear. I started another. I was 5 turns away from IW. In 3000, I finished it, with the second spear. I started barracks and math. Then, I will build a few archers and cats. The first archer came in 2270. When I finished Math, I had two archers. I built a cat, then sent my offensive army (2 archers, 1 spear, 1 cat) to go for Tenochtitlan. I killed one spear in 1950.

To be continued...

Wanna know a thing? You had tons of LUCK!
Once you survived those so early attacks, it should be easy to avoid losing the game... :D
Following this. Have a particular feeling for crowded games (the more, the merrier! :) )

@ DVD-it: You know, you are right. At least, the attacks come from the Romans, which are accross the river. If the Aztecs wanted to attack me, they too would have to attack crossing the river. But yes, I just have to take a few cities, to wish nobody takes too much power somewhere else and to milk my game until 2050. But I won't do it. It is boring.

I am at school, so I can't say much new things on the game, but just after posting, I had time to finish a cat.

OK, back to the game

I misclicked and erased all the evolution from 1950 to 1675, wanting to upload a file, and getting to the forum rules (was i quick reply) :wallbash: I'll give you a short version of what I remember:
I killed lots of spears (always) (near 1/turn)
I killed 2 Enkidus (about 1790)
I joined my original worker in Persepolis (about 1790). Why? Because
a) It costs me 1 gold per turn
b) I can't improve any tiles, since they all are next to other civs city or roads
c) I alreay have free slaves
d) I will have free slaves
e) With that Persepolis reached size 7
1- I get more defense
2- I get more support
3- I get 10 shields per turn (2 turns for an archer/cat, 3 for immortals (future))
I have now 4 cats, 3 archers (one just built, in Persepolis). After bombarding twice on Tenochtiltlan: (the screenie that destroyed my post!)

YES! That means there are 2 spears left. There are no archers, too, as I haven't been def bombarded. And, as you probably guessed it:

On the same turn, I discovered the Babs. I traded for The Wheel and declared war.

To be continued...

With the victory of Tenochtitlan, I was now able to get two cities building units. That is important. I knew that, soon, I may lose lots of tiles because the other civ built temples, so I started one in Persepolis. I was still in the quest for iron, and I sent an army east. It is in Indian territory:

You must know what is my next objective: Delhi! Then, it will probably be Ur, since the iron is in Sumerian territory. This will give me a tough time to try defend my cities, but what can I say? I must get iron!

It looked like Delhi would more difficult than Tenochtitlan. They were accross a river, first. they also had more than 4 reg spears (4 bombards and still healthy #1 defender).

I finished my temple in 1525 and contiued to build archers. I built another in 1475 AD, and, on the same turn, I lost another one. The first casualties for the Indians happened in 1425, when I killed a spear.

Your game looked like fun so I tried it out with unmodded emporer. It is probably possible to win, but would take many tries to do so. Most games in fact are lost in 3950 AD when your city gets taken.

The key to surviving the initial onslaught is to build a defense 2 unit by 3900 which is doable in C3C. I got up to 2 cities but still lost.

It was kind of fun figuring out how to build a defense 2 unit early enough. I won't mention how I did it in case anyone wants to try. It isn't that hard.

Note that my start didn't have a bonus resource nearby which is probably why I lost.

Anyway good luck on the game. :) After trying unmodded emporer, I think you made the right choice to get rid of the starting units. It will be a much more enjoyable game. Unmodded is too intense too early.

Rik Meleet said:
Just Raze Delhi and capture Ur.
The only problem is that I will need territory there to heal my units. Also I need to control the way between the iron and my cities. Ur is right next the iron, so Delhi would give me a fast healing. Also, I now have to pay 6 gold for unit support (and growing), any city could reduce this cost.

OK, back to play! I killed another spear in 1375. From now on, I can kill (at least attack) one spear every turn. My army was growing larger and larger. In 1275, I killed a Sumerian sword, giving me my first elite archer :woohoo: The war continues, and I have nothing to say important, until 1075. At this moment, I saw an injuried spear (3/4 vet) after bombarding 5 and killing one. Yes! This means I now have an estimation of their armed forces :woohoo:

To be continued...

In 900, the #1 defender was, after the bombardment:

Yes! The #1 defender is 2hp! That means I am near the end of the war! :woohoo: And, on the same turn:

With this new city, I had more money to spend, and more territory, but more cities to defend. I paused in Dlehi one turn, then sent my army on the iron mountain. Once all my cats were there, I pillaged the road so they won't have any chance to build more swords.

In 775, before I even attacked Ur with archers, I saw this:

:woohoo: (ok, enough of the new smiley) This means the quest for iron is nearly finished. My slaves, already on the mountain, start to rebuild the road. I kill all the ennemy Enkidus I can on that turn ( 1 )

To be continued...

Nothing to say until 200 years later (quite a jump in time, huh). I started to have more archers, and they started to have less Enkidus. I had 3 archers and 10 cats on the moutain behind one spear, and 2 archers in Delhi. I attacked with two of the archers and... they both became elite! Even more: one was intact!

During the inter-turn, three civ died (don,t remember which ones, I think China Mongolia and another). And in 490, I killed the last of the Enkidu warriors, ending the reign of Gilgamesh, and taking the nearest (and only) known source of iron :woohoo:

My next target is Cuzco. Altough it is a weak, worthless desert city, it would protect both Delhi and Tenoctitlan. It would also accelerate the movement trough my empire, since I have to pass twice over the river. But first, lets build Immortals! :ar15:

The first of these killing beasts came out of Persepolis in 430. I still had a archer army, so the effects of the immortal will not start to be seen until some time. The first use in battle was in 370, with a spear kill (but only 1hp left). It started my GA. Cool, I'll get lots of other immortals. This made Persepolis able to build 1 immortal in 2 turns instead of three. In 370, I killed 3 spears in Cuzco. :woohoo: In 350, the #1 defender was damaged. This should be faster than all my other conquest!

N.B.: I had a hockey practice, and counldn't post this message, written near 7 o'clock (Eastern time) and posted near 10.

Good night and good read!

IRRROOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnn!!!!!!!! Immy time...

BTW, I think you like that "woohoo" emoticon a little too much, lol. Keep up the good work!

shady milkman said:
BTW, I think you like that "woohoo" emoticon a little too much, lol.
I think me too. But it is brand new! I like new things. I'll try to stop. I lready have the patch!

Back to the game!

We now are in 330 bc. Nothing really badly important happened, but I had the chance to have an estimation of the spears in Cuzco: 6 (actually 5, since I killed 1). I killed another next turn, but they had built another one. I killed more and more every turn, and then:

I've got to go!

Top Bottom